Nepal Telecom (NTC) has received approval from NTA for the 5G trial. The governing body’s meeting on Kartik 29 decided to give NTC a green signal for its 5G goal.
NTC was set to receive approval from the earlier government but it took a long delay due to the Ministry’s own complacencies. However, with the finalization of the approval, NTC will now look forward to testing the 5G network soon.
As per the news, NTA will allocate 60 MHz of frequency bandwidth in the 2600 MHz band (n41) for the 5G trial.
The approval comes following NTC’s submission of its 5G work plan. NTA has nodded to NTC’s 5G test proposal as per the telco governing body NTA’s Procedure For Testing New Technology, 2078.
NTC 5G Testing in 2600 MHz
As per NTA, NTC will receive frequency bandwidth from 2500 MHz to 2560 MHz a total of 60 MHz for its 5G testing. Further, NTC could coordinate with NTA for other existing bands in the coming months.
The decision also lets NTC test its 5G network in the 2600 MHz band for a maximum of 1 year. Whereas Ntc needs to coordinate with NTA for the trial period and import of necessary equipment, based on the approved New technology testing procedure.
Meanwhile, Ncell has also submitted its letter to NTA to get permission for its 5G network. However, no decision has been made on the private telco’s part.
The talk of NTC’s 5G has raged for years but the state-telco has finally received the nod from NTA. Now we can expect NTC (Nepal Telecom) to begin its 5G testing by next year. As the telco needs to import the required 5G equipment from abroad, we can expect a little more time than the slated three months period from the approval date.
Are you excited about the news of NTC’s 5G happening soon and how about its prospects in Nepal’s telecommunications? Do leave your opinions on it in the comments below.
- Internet price war is a risk to ISPs’ investment- NTA Chair Bhandari
- MediaTek Helio G91 launched for budget smartphones
- Ncell, e& international to deliver superior digital services
- Vianet wins ‘Broadband Telecom Company of the Year’ in the Asian Telecom Awards 2024
- eSewa launches cross-border payment enabling Indian citizens to pay in Nepal: Find steps
- Khalti QR lets Indian tourists make payments in Nepal, How?
- Xiaomi 14 Launching Soon in Nepal | Find Price and Specs