Nepal Telecom (NTC) has continued transporting telco equipment by helicopters to launch 2G & 4G services in remote areas this FY 078/79. The state-backed telco says it has launched remote telecommunication services in 8 districts and will continue to expand despite little profit potentials. Find more information about the remote mobile tower operation in detail below.
Since Dashain, NTC has explored feasible methods of transporting telecom equipment to remote areas in Nepal to establish communication services. Many regions in Nepal require delivery of basic households items at their doorsteps by airways or ropeways due to difficult terrain. In this, NTC has also been carrying its heavy telco equipment by helicopter to these distant areas for a long.
As usual, NTC has employed freight helicopters to carry telecom equipment to 8 remote districts in the current FY 078/79. This has allowed the state-telco to set up GSM 2G and 4G services.
NTC Remote Telecommunication Services in 8 Remote Areas
NTC has set up remote telecommunication services in 8 remote areas of Nepal using airways to transport the telco gears. The state-telco has set up towers in those areas to deliver the services in remote & mountainous areas. This has made 2G and 4G available to those 8 districts of Nepal thanks to NTC’s outstanding efforts.
The areas include, Lukla, Syanboche (airport), Namchebazaar & Taksindu of Solukhumbu, Chhekampaar, Bihi (Garjyang Danda), and Nyak of Gorkha, and Odar View-point of Manag. We have a comprehensive list of the places where NTC has set up its telecom services in these areas. Find them below:
- Khumbu Pasang Lhamu VDC ward no. 2 & 3 of Solu Lukla Site (Solukhumbu)
Lukla, Surkey, Muse, Naajipang, Chaurikharka, Syangma and Everest Trail, and etc.
- Syangboche Airport site ward no.4 (Solukhumbu)
Settlements in the area
- Namchebazzar site ward no.3 & 5 (Solukhumbu)
Namche, Kongde, Jorsallo, and etc.
- Taksindu Site ward no.1
Nunthala, Kharikhola, Thamdanda, Bupsa, Pangom, and Everest Trail and the surrounding areas
- Chhekampar site Chumnibri VDC ward no.4 (Gorkha)
Chhekampar, Chhokang and some tourist areas connected with China
- Bihi (Garjyang Daanda) ward no.5 (Gorkha)
Kwakdaanda, Bihi Gaanu, Saraang Gumba Lho, Prok, Sama, Larkepaas and Manasly Trekking Route
- Nyak site ward no.3 (Gorkha)
Nyak, Likpa, Deng, Sirdibaas Philim, Bhansing, and Manaslu Trekking Route, and etc.
- Odar Viewpoint Nyaso VDC (Manang)
Odar, Naache, Thonche, Dharapani, Tilche, etc.
Besides, NTC is preparing for 2G & 4G launch in 3 other areas by transporting telco gears by helicopters soon. These other areas include Phakding and Nachipang of Khumbu Pasang Lhamu VDC of Solukumbu and Chhyangru site of Darchula Vyas VDC.
Service And Not Business
The launch of 2G & 4G will bring quality voice calls and reliable mobile broadband services to these underprivileged areas. These areas do not reap NTC’s economic benefits for its services however.
Setting up the telecom infrastructures is also costly due to transport liability in these remote areas. Despite these, the state-telco is committed to providing much-needed telecommunication services to the people.
NTC says it will continue expanding its remote telecommunications services in the hinterlands of Nepal in the coming days despite limited return for its investments.
If you are from any mentioned areas above, do let us know your satisfaction level with NTC’s services in our comments section below.
- Ncell Users Can Now Contact Hello Sarkar For Free, service now operational 24-hours
- “Dumb phones” make a comeback as people are sick of smartphones
- The government fixes the cost for the basic TV package in Nepal, 8 channel bouquet lists
- Apple strictly warns users not to sleep alongside their iPhones while they are charging
- Huawei Mate 60 Pro Launched Officially | Find Price and Specs
- Xiaomi smartphone shipments fell by 15.8% while revenue also declined in Q2, 2023
- Xiaomi Brings “Sure-Shot September Mela” | Win Gifts on Purchase of Redmi Smartphones