Ncell Axiata has won the Telecom Company of the Year, and Infrastructure Initiative of the Year awards at the 2022 Asian Telecom Awards. The private telecom operator earned two prestigious awards for its remarkable performance and starting of the Integrated Data Centre (IDC).
The Asian Telecom Awards inherits its roots from Asian Mobile News that started in 2003 in Singapore. The awards recognize the achievements and initiatives of the leading operators in Asia. At the award ceremony, various wards were conferred via digital presentations.
This year’s award takes special significance too. Due to the adverse effect of COVID-19, every field incurred unprecedented suffrage in their businesses. But telecom companies stood out and developed new features and plans to keep serving their customers during these horrid times.
“To recognize these extraordinary organizations in the Asia Pacific that showed resilience and outstanding performance, the Asian Telecom Awards 2022 honored these companies who were able to navigate their way despite various challenges in the market whilst providing relevant and award-winning products and services,” states the Asian Telecom Awards.
Ncell Wins Telecom Company of the Year Award
Ncell won the telecom Company of the Year recognition for providing a reliable network in Nepal, and its efforts to raise COVID-19 awareness through mass media and its own mobile network.
Meanwhile, the operator also bagged the ‘Infrastructure Initiative of the Year’ award at the same event. This award recognized Ncell’s effort to build a cutting-edge ICD, helping the government to establish a backbone for digitalization.
Andy Chong, the CEO of Ncell expressed his delight at the awards. He shared, “We are truly honored to receive the prestigious Asian Telecom Awards in two categories. These wins reflect how we have been contributing to the people and the country. This is also recognition for what we have done against the COVID since 2020 and our continuous digitalization journey.”
“Our achievements are shaped by the strength of the foundations we have put in place.” He then added, “and I would like to thank our employees for their dedication and commitment to excellence.”
CSR Efforts and the World-Class IDC
Ncell is the first private telco to lend support to the government by assisting with 1000 million. The fund went for the Government’s COVID-19 Infection, Prevention, Control, and Treatment Fund in response to contain the Coronavirus.
In addition, the company also joined hands with the Ministry of Health and Population as an exclusive partner to raise COVID-19 awareness. This helped raise mass awareness promoting behavioral changes amongst the public to prevent the infection.
Meanwhile, the company’s infrastructure front has been equally impressive. It has built a Tier-III standard IDC in a highly earthquake-sensitive zone. The company says it provides stable and resilient connectivity in the area. It’s the first of its kind a telco has built in South Asia.
Significantly, this remains one of its significant investments that complement the government’s Digital Nepal Framework for digital transformation.
Ncell’s IDC is built in the account of the impact of 2015. This makes sure a proper framework is in place to respond when a disaster strikes. In addition, the IDC also remains Ncell’s physical testament that reflects its commitment to robust infrastructure against natural disasters.
The IDC will serve Ncell’s data-driven businesses, ensuring a stable and wide-band network. The Data Center will also help the operator expect the needs of clients from banking, insurance, and other sectors.
Ncell’s Haul of Awards
Ncell has in succession bagged multiple awards in 2021. It has continued so in 2022 with winning the Telecom Company of the Year Award. In 2021, the telco won various international accolades, such as:
- Most Impactful Sustainability Initiative and Best Overall COVID-19 Response in Axiata Senior Leadership Awards 2021.
- The Social Contribution Award and Crisis Response Award in World Communication Awards (WCA) 2021.
- Innovative Health Solutions Award (Private Sector/NGO)’ in World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA) Global ICT Excellence Awards – Merit Award 2021
- Telecom CEO of the Year and Most Socially Responsible Telecom Company in Global Business Outlook (GBO) Awards 2021 and
- National HR Excellence Awards 2020 HR Meet 2021, Growth Sellers Private Limited.
Similarly, Ncell also received ‘Asia’s Best Employer Brand Award 2021’ by Employer Branding Institute, World Human Resource Development Congress and Stars of the Industry Group, ‘Health Tech Award 2021’ by Asian-Oceanian Computing Industry Organization (ASOCIO) Awards and ‘TM Forum Catalyst Team Award 2021-Sustainability leadership’ by TM Forum’s 2021 Catalyst awards.
How do you rate NCell’s telecom services as well as its social activities under CSR? Do share your impression of the telco below in the comments.
- “Dumb phones” make a comeback as people are sick of smartphones
- The government fixes the cost for the basic TV package in Nepal, 8 channel bouquet lists
- Apple strictly warns users not to sleep alongside their iPhones while they are charging
- Huawei Mate 60 Pro Launched Officially | Find Price and Specs
- Xiaomi smartphone shipments fell by 15.8% while revenue also declined in Q2, 2023
- Xiaomi Brings “Sure-Shot September Mela” | Win Gifts on Purchase of Redmi Smartphones
- Buy second-hand phones on “Daraz Like New” | Features, phones, and best deals