Xiaomi has launched the Xiaomi MIX Fold 2, its second foldable phone. The Chinese tech giant has stepped into the foldable market predominated by Samsung. Powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chip and an impressive triple camera segment, the foldable phone is a premium in both specs and price. Today in this article, let’s know about specs, features, and Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 price in Nepal (Expected).
Design and Display
Talking about the design, Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 boasts a dual-screen design. The device weighs around 262 grams. When unfolded, it is 11.2mm thick and while folded, it’s 5.4mm. The interior display is an 8.2-inch Eco OLED panel with an LTPO2 120Hz refresh rate (adaptive) and a resolution of 1914 x 2160 pixels. It comprises ultra-thin glass and an under-display camera. The display also supports Dolby Vision and HDR10+ contents. Likewise, it has a peak brightness of 1300nits.
The outer display is a 6.5-inch Samsung E5 OLED with a Full HD+ (1080 x 2520 pixels) resolution and 120Hz refresh rate. It also supports HDR 10+ and Dolby Vision content. For protection against scratches, there is Gorilla Glass Victus.
This new foldable phone has the horsepower of the latest and greatest Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Chipset. The 4nm architecture TSMC made silicon is a 5G processor. This Octa-core processor has the configuration of 1×3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.75 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510 cores. As for the graphics, there is Adreno 730 GPU. The chip is paired with 12GB of RAM and up to 1TB of UFS 3.1 internal storage. The phone boots on MIUI Fold 13 based on Android 12.
Coming to the camera department, Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 sports a Leica branded triple camera setup on the back. The phone gets a 50MP Sony IMX766 lens with OIS and an f/1.8 aperture. And the second camera is an 8MP Telephoto shooter with 2X Digital Zoom. There is also a 13MP ultrawide sensor with 123˚ FOV. For videos, the primary sensor can shoot up to 8K resolution. Further, there is also Dolby Vision HDR format recording for videos.
Whereas on the front of the device, the Xiaomi Mix fold 2 boasts a 20MP under-display wide camera. It is capable of capturing 1080P video at 60fps.
Battery, Charging, and Other Specs
The foldable device is getting its juice from a 4500mAh battery. It supports Quick Charge 4.0 with 67W fast charging which can charge the phone from 0-100% in 40 minutes. Moving on to connectivity, the phone has the support for Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.2, A-GPS, up to tri-band: GLONASS (1), BDS (3), GALILEO (2), QZSS (2), NavIC.
- Folded: 161.1 x 73.9 x 11.2 mm
- Unfolded: 161.1 x 144.7 x 5.4 mm
- Weight: 262 gm
- Inner: 8.2 inches Eco OLED display panel along with a screen resolution of 1914 x 2160 pixels, LTPO2 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+, Dolby Vision 360PPI
- Outer: 6.5 inches Samsung E5 AMOLED, 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21.9 aspect ratio, HDR10+ support, Dolby Vision
- Protection: Gorilla Glass Victus (Outer Display), Schott UTG glass (Interior Display)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Chipset; 4nm Mobile platform
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.75 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- RAM: 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 256/512GB/1TB UFS 3.1 internal storage, Non-expandable
- Software: Android 12 with MIUI Fold 13
- Rear Camera: Triple rear camera
- 50 MP Sony IMX766 Primary Camera, f/1.8 aperture, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP Telephoto Lens, f/2.6 aperture, 2x Optical Zoom
- 13 MP Ultra-wide-angle sensor, f/2.2 aperture, FOV 123 degree
- Rear Video: 8K@24/32fps, 4K@60fps, 1080p@60/240fps (gyro-EIS), 720p@960fps (gyro-EIS), Dolby Vision HDR Format
- Front Camera: 20MP under-display lens
- Front Video: 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery, 67W Wired Fast charging
- Colors: Black, Gold
- Sensor: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Network: 5G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, NFC, USB Type-C 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, Loudspeaker with stereo speakers, etc.
- Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 Price in Nepal (Expected): Rs. 1,89,999 (12GB/256GB)
Also Read:- Fold vs Flip Phones, Which Foldable to Choose?
Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 Price in Nepal and Availability
Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 price in Nepal can be expected at Rs.1,89,999 when and if it launches here in Nepal. Its official price in China is set at CNY 8,999 for the 12/256GB variant. And the sale is commencing on August 16.
|Xiaomi MIX Fold 2||Price in China (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
The foldable phone seems to be a pretty solid offering at a cheaper price than Samsung. If it launches outside China, the foldable market will get a new contender. These premium smartphones are specially designed for enthusiasts and those wanting to pay a higher price for looks and design.
Also, Check:- Xiaomi & Redmi Mobile Price in Nepal
So, what do you think about Xiaomi MIX Fold 2? Do you wish to see a Xiaomi’s foldable phone in the Nepalese market? Do write us your views, thoughts, and opinions regarding this in the comment section below.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats