An Internet Education Program is going to be organized with the support of WorldLink Communications Ltd. The awareness program will be held in 50 schools in all seven provinces in Nepal. It will be led by undergraduate students of the Electrical, Electronics, and Computer Engineering departments (LOCUS) from IOE, Pulchowk Campus, with help from WorldLink Internet Academy.
The internet awareness program will be held from November 6th – 12th (Kartik 20 – 26). Students of the age group 12-17 years old studying in classes 8 – 10 will be the target students of the initiative. During the awareness campaign, students will be able to learn about the safe use of the internet and cyberbullying. Similarly, they will also learn about phishing, how to stay safe online, etc.
Likewise, WorldLink’s branch offices in the concerned areas have greatly contributed to the awareness program by making arrangements for necessary resources.
Internet Education Program by WorldLink
Keshav Nepal, the Chief Executive Officer of Worldlink, hailed the awareness program. He said that as Nepal’s leading internet service provider, children’s online safety is a priority. This campaign is sponsored by the Worldlink Internet Academy, which includes digital literacy issues along with important internet topics.
The company plans to include digital literacy and other important topics in the awareness campaign. Child Safe Net has also contributed to the campaign with its awareness-related content.
Besides, LOCUS will dispatch 50 members with each serving at a school for two hours raising ‘internet awareness’, said Bipin Khanal, the event manager of Locus.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats