Ntc has launched its fiber internet service NT Fiber in Khalanga, the headquarters of the Darchula district. The state-backed operator has already expanded its FTTH broadband in other districts in the Sudurpaschim Province.
Nepal Telecom extended its fiber internet service in Extended the service to Khalanga and Gokuleshwar bazaar areas.
On Sunday, June 4, the company started its high-speed fiber internet by distributing CPE devices to its first customer. Fiber is the next-generation method of providing broadband internet. In recent years, Ntc has been upgrading its ADSL-based service to fiber where copper-based services were in use. As per the latest NTA report, 2 lakh, 22 thousand, 834 have subscribed to Ntc’s fiber broadband service.
Currently, the telco is providing 3 services telephone, fiber internet, and IPTV with its Triple Play service. Besides, customers also get free mobile data on their phones for fiber subscription of speeds above 25 Mbps.
The fiber extension is ongoing at a rapid pace across Nepal with almost the entire country having access to the broadband internet facility. Nepal is promoting digital transformation and digital inclusion is the key to achieving it. Its obvious fiber internet access is overwhelmingly essential these days from home WiFi internet to office purposes. The telco’s aggressive fiber internet expansion in far-flung areas is helping bridge the digital divide in the country.
The company has been giving more priority to its service extension across more areas over generating profits.
After the latest expansion in Khalanga, Ntc has now expanded its fiber internet in all nine districts of Far West Province.
- Ncell Users Can Now Contact Hello Sarkar For Free, service now operational 24-hours
- “Dumb phones” make a comeback as people are sick of smartphones
- The government fixes the cost for the basic TV package in Nepal, 8 channel bouquet lists
- Apple strictly warns users not to sleep alongside their iPhones while they are charging
- Huawei Mate 60 Pro Launched Officially | Find Price and Specs
- Xiaomi smartphone shipments fell by 15.8% while revenue also declined in Q2, 2023
- Xiaomi Brings “Sure-Shot September Mela” | Win Gifts on Purchase of Redmi Smartphones