Nepal’s only DTH provider Dish Media Network launched Dish Home iTV, the company’s IPTV service on Tuesday at a ceremony at Soaltee Hotel. Addressing the evolving digital trend and customers’ demands, the company added its internet-based TV to its portfolio of services for the first time. It brings over 200 TV channels and other exciting features to serve an inclusive entertainment package to the subscribers.
The company says it expects a similar positive response and support from the customers as it has received for its DTH service. Likewise, its IPTV service will further diversify the service range of Dish Home and options for the customers.
Also see: Dish Home Fiber Net Plans & Price List
Features and specs of Dish Home iTV
Dish Media’s latest venture Dish Home iTV brings over 200 TV channels comprising all the popular ones viewed in Nepal. In addition, the IPTV also includes features and apps such as Video on Demand, Catch-up TV/Start-over TV, YouTube, TikTok, etc. Subscribers will get the additional dose of Shorts TV, Cine Hits, Ramailo TV, etc. on iTV. Meanwhile, popular Korean series will also be available in the Nepali language.
Customers need a Set Top Box to establish a connection and access all the channels and features of Dish Home iTV.
Dish Home iTV Set-Top Box (STB) Specs:
- Amlogic 5905 x 64 bit quad-core ARM CortexTM A53 CPU
- RAM: 1 GB / ROM: 8 GB *100 M RJ 45 Port
- Built-in WiFi: 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
- 2.0 USB Slots*2
- Power Input: 12v/1 Amp
- Quick App Launch Buttons on the Remote
- Video Decoding: 4K* 2K @ 60fps H.265
- Audio Decoding: MPEG 1/2/2.5, AAC-LC/HEAAC
Revolutionizing the TV service
Previously, Dish Media provided cable TV and Terrestrial TV services. The company owns Fiber internet subsidiary Dish Home Fiber Net, and SIM TV, which boasts the largest cable TV network in Nepal. This is the first time, the company has added an internet-based Television service to its portfolio.
An IPTV runs differently from DTH and Terrestrial (T2) TVs. When a viewer requests, video contents are transferred to television from different servers which are split into data packets. These are sent over the internet to the viewer’s TV screen. It is an advanced form of digital TV entertainment.
Likewise, Dish Home iTV runs on similar mechanics.
Dish Media entered the ISP market in 2020. In three years of service, it has already surpassed a 1 lakh customer base which is a worthy milestone in the midst of fierce competition from leading private companies. The Fiber internet subscribers can get both high-speed TV and Digh Home TV service. However, the addition of iTV will add another crucial dynamic to the Dish Home service.
Are you eager to subscribe to Dish Home iTV? Do leave a comment below if you have any queries.
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years