Nepal’s leading telecom giant Ncell has undertaken an initiative to start 18 community sustainable development projects across all seven provinces. As part of this corporate social responsibility (CSR) project, the private telco has called for applications from non-profit organizations to implement the necessary project in their community based on need. Each project will get Rs 10 lakh in seed funds. Find out how to apply for the Ncell community development project.
Ncell has been making efforts to uplift communities with various CSR projects since its inception. The telco says that as a digital citizen, it has invested over Rs 1.80 billion in numerous social projects with a core focus on education, health, and environment-related programs. Read next: Ncell Contributes Rs 144 billion in Tax to Nepal in 5 Years
With these particular 18 projects in 7 provinces, Ncell aspires to “touch the lives of people” by bringing positive change and strengthening its bond with every Nepali. The project aligns with Ncell’s vision of ‘Leave No One Behind.’
Likewise, it’s the company’s expression of renewing commitment to social causes to serve Nepali communities and people at large.
Jump to sections
Ncell to fund 18 sustainable community development projects in 7 provinces
To materialize this large-scale nationwide community project, Ncell has called for applications from non-profit organizations to implement initiatives in their community that will provide local solutions to local problems.
Each project will be worth Rs 10 lakh for one community in the seed fund. Ncell says that these projects will be conducted in collaboration with local government as per priority.
Under this nationwide CSR program, you can apply to implement a community project that improves the condition of the locals.
Focus of areas for the projects
For the implementation of these projects, Ncell has prioritized areas for development. These are categorized into primary and secondary areas of focus. These areas focus are directly concerned with communities seeking to uplift the locals and improve their lives. The categories are in line with the Industrial Enterprise Regulation, 2019.
Primary Focus Areas
- Education: These will comprise projects that improve education outcomes for underserved communities. Ncell expects the proposal to include community libraries and literacy programs for children and adults. It should also include projects such as support for resource centers, inclusive education for people living with disabilities, innovative ways to unlock digital learning, support for STEM education in schools, teacher training, etc.
- Health: These projects shall aspire to improve health outcomes in the communities. The project shall include initiatives for providing medicine and health equipment to community health organizations, running health awareness programs, health camps, and other health-related works in disadvantaged communities.
Secondary Focus Areas
- Environment: The Ncell community project also enlists environment-related programs. The company expects the projects to align with the Climate Action drive and support Net Zero Carbon Emissions. Other goals shall include Sustainability campaigns at the community level, promoting Going Green in line with SDGs and ESG global frameworks.
- Disaster Response and Preparedness: These projects seek to develop a support system for disaster preparedness and response at the community level for disasters including floods, landslides, earthquakes, and fires, among other disaster situations. Applicants shall also write their solutions to minimize the impact of these disasters at the community level.
- Livelihood Support: These include skill development and income-generating programs for people with low income. These should help promote the lives of people from backward areas, village women, disabled people, minority groups, and marginalized society.
Who is eligible to apply for Ncell community projects in 7 provinces?
Ncell has set the criteria for organizations to apply for the projects. Find out if you are eligible to apply for community development projects:
- Only not-for-profit organizations can apply for the grant
- Applicants must have “significant experience” in the field of community development projects
- Applying organizations must have leadership, financial management skills, experience, expertise, and capacity to effectively carry out the proposed program.
How to Apply for Ncell community development projects?
To apply for the Ncell community development projects you need to do the following:
- Download the application form or you can request one by emailing to HereForYou @ ncell.axiata.com
- In the form, the applicant must answer all the questions with complete company documents that also showcase past experiences of the working team.
- The form can be submitted via mail.
For your ease, we have made the Ncell community project application form below. You can download the form online, fill out the details, and submit it to Ncell at the mail address mentioned above.
The last date for application is Magh 17, 2080 (January 31, 2024).
Here’s the application form for Ncel community development projects:
Ncell has remained one of the largest taxpayers in Nepal and continues to delve into community projects as part of its CSR initiatives. If you need any tips or more information on Ncell community development projects and help regarding the application, do let us know in the comment section below.
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years