Ncell, the private telecom operator has collaborated with two of the Private School Associations (PABSON and NPBASAN) to bring a monthly Student plan for easy online learning. The special monthly plan targets the students and teachers to perform online classes in this COVID-19 pandemic. As the schools are closed throughout the country, they are bound to perform online classes using the internet. Find the details of the Ncell Student plan offer for online learning data and communication package.
National Private and Boarding Schools Association Nepal (NPABSAN) and Private and Boarding Schools’ Organization Nepal (PABSON) are two of the renowned private school organizations in Nepal. They have signed an understanding (MoU) to use the Ncell’s mobile data for the connectivity required for the online classes. The monthly plan introduced will provide affordable and easy mobile broadband for the students, teachers, and schools.
What’s in the Ncell Student plan?
Ncell’s offer for the students includes a special SIM with voice, data, and SMS combo package. There are three student plans for the eLearning offers which you can also activate in the current SIM card. Let’s talk about the basic package called Student Plan A. It includes 20GB of data per month for online learning using applications like Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams. This large data package is worthy for the students, teachers to attend online classes for a long period. Other data package is 3GB data (1 GB in 3G/4G network and 2GB in 4G network). Find the latest data packages in Ncell and choose the best/affordable among them.
Similarly, the other packages in the Student plan A are 120 min talk per day within the CUG network, 50 minutes on-net talk time per month, and 50 SMS within Ncell per month. CUG network means the closed user group for the school, with which the students, teachers, and staff are associated. The cost of the special bundle including all of the packages mentioned above is Rs 250 per month which is exclusive of the taxes. 13% VAT and 13% TSC applies in all of the three student plans.
Summary of the Ncell online learning offer
Here is the summary of the Ncell’s Student plan A, for the students engaged in any of the School’s network. The offer is the same for all school networks like PABSON, NPABSAN, and HISSAN.
- 20 GB data to use for online classes via Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams.
- 3GB regular data (1GB in 3G/4G network and 2GB in 4G network)
- 120-minute call per day within CUG network
- 50 minutes on-net call per month
- 50 on-net SMS per month
- Cost of the package: Rs 319.23 per month (with all taxes)
Summary of Student Plan B
- Another pack of Rs 446.92 (with all taxes) provides the same 20GB data for eLearning. CUG calls, 100 minutes on-net calls, 50 SMS. Plus there is additional 6GB data (2GB in 3G/4G and 4GB in 4G network). Similarly, you get off-net calls of 25 mins and off-net SMS of 10 with this pack.
Summary of Student plan C
- Rs 702.3 pack includes all of the data, voice, SMS in the basic package, with 12GB data (4GB in 3G/4G, 8GB in 4G network). You also get on-net calls of 250 minutes and on-net SMS of 100. The off-net calls and off-net SMS both also increase to 50.
All of the packages are for a month and it recurs every month. So, you need to have sufficient balance for the monthly rental for the subscription.
How to take the Ncell Student plan?
The students, teachers, and staff can take the special student plan from Ncell. To get the offer, they need to take a recommendation letter from these organizations for their school. They can take the special SIM under the institution name or self-name based on their choice.
- If you are a prepaid user, you can activate the package yourself by dialing *17149# and select one out of the three different plans in there. Whereas for the activation of the CUG service, you need the recommendation from the respective institution.
- They need to the details of the mobile number and name in the school letter head to [email protected].
- But for the postpaid user, you need to visit the nearest Ncell center to activate the student plan in your SIM.
Pradeep Shrivastava, Chief Commercial Officer of Ncell expresses their delight to partner with PABSON and NPABSAN to contribute to the digital learning and education sector of Nepal. As COVID-19 affected all the sectors including the education sector, such a monthly offer will help people to acclimatize to the new normal from the pandemic.
These private school organizations have found the monthly plan to support students to learn remotely with digital applications. President of NPABSAN Ritu Raj Sapkota expressed their delight in the partnership with Ncell for this special monthly plan. He believes this plan will help to connect their students with teachers for online learning, till the school remains closed.
Similarly, Tikaram Puri, President of PABSON said that the collaboration will support schools for the increased use of virtual learning in the pandemic.
Earlier Ncell collaborated with the HISSAN network for such a similar kind of offer. It seems Ncell is targeting to fulfill the connectivity requirement of schools for the digital classes. This has great potential now due to the closure of schools and the people’s acceptance of digital platforms for learning like the Government’s Sikai Chautari.
Tell us what do you think of the Ncell and Private School’s partnership for the bundled offer. Is the mobile data volume included in the offer enough for your regular and digital platform usage? Please comment below.
- Case Filed Against NTC MD, Government Secretary in National Payment Gateway Corruption
- realme C51 With 33W SUPERVOOC Charge Launching Soon in Nepal
- Classic Tech Dashain Tihar Offer 2080: Internet and Smart TVs at an Unmatched Price, Free 5G Router
- iPhone 15 overheating is due to third-party app updates and a bug in iOS 17, not the titanium design- Apple
- Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max ranks second in DxOMark camera test
- Smartphone market low ahead of Dashain, no effect of holiday season!
- CG Net brings Dashain Offer 2080, 3x internet speed, cashback, discount on CG Smart TV