Oppo has once again launched a new smartphone dubbed as Oppo F17 Pro in Nepal. It is the latest addition to the brand’s F series in Nepal. The brand launched it today at an online event at 7 pm NST along with other products. It comes only after a few days of the launch of another mid-range smartphone Oppo A53. The brand has been in a roll launching back to back smartphones. They also launched an entry-level smartphone Oppo A12 recently in Nepal. So, let’s know more in detail about the specs, availability, and price of Oppo F17 Pro in Nepal below.
Oppo F17 Pro Overview
Oppo F17 Pro is the successor to the Oppo F15 that was launched back a year ago. The smartphone comes with attractive and impressive specs & features like punch-hole display, multi-camera module, and 30W fast-charging. It is touted as the slimmest and lightest smartphone from Oppo’s F-series.
Oppo F17 Pro Design/Display
We must say it is the highlighting feature of the smartphone. Oppo F17 Pro is one of the stylish smartphones in terms of design. It offers an ultra-slim, just 7.4mm thickness, and ultra-lightweight build, that weighs only 164 grams. Oppo F17 Pro has a shiny matte finish on a plastic back panel that offers a super comfortable in-hand feel. The phone has a dual pill-shaped punch-hole design for the front-facing camera & minimal bezels.
Coming to the display of the smartphone, Oppo F17 Pro flaunts a 6.43-inch (16.34cm) Full HD Plus Super AMOLED display along with a screen resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels. It boasts a screen of impressive 60Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, and a screen-to-body ratio of 90.7 per cent. Oppo F17 Pro comes with a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and also has an in-display fingerprint scanner that takes only 0.3 seconds to unlock the device. The display of the phone is also certified to play HD video from Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
We know Oppo never disappoints in the optical department, they are known for their optical features and it is the same for Oppo F17 Pro. The Oppo F17 Pro comes with a quad rear camera setup that includes a 48MP Samsung GM1ST primary camera with f/1.7 aperture, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, and two monochromatic cameras of 2MP with f/2.4 aperture. The rear camera comes arranged in a square module.
On the front, it comes with a 16MP Sony IMX471 camera paired with another 2MP depth camera along with f/2.4 aperture. Hence, the smartphone quenches your thirst of selfies. Talking about the videography of the smartphone, it can record videos up to 4K (30fps) 1080P / 720P @ 30fps / 30fps at the rear. The front camera supports video recording up to 1080P / 720P @ 30fps.
Under the hood, Oppo F17 Pro comes powered by the MediaTek Helio P95 chipset that offers a major performance boost over its predecessor Oppo F15. The chipset is also used in Oppo Reno 3 pro. It is coupled with the 8GB of RAM along with 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage. If you feel the need for more memory, you can expand your storage via a dedicated MicroSD card slot. On the software front, Oppo F17 Pro runs on ColorOS 7.2 based on Android 10.
Oppo F17 Pro comes with an anti-lag algorithm for smoother processing. It reduces the overall lag by 22 %, Memory Defragmentation by 54 % and increases Automatic Database Optimization by 28 %. It also features an air gesture that allows it to pick up calls without touching the phone as far as 20-50 centimetres from the smartphone.
There is also MediaTek’s HyperEngine onboard for enhanced gaming performance. It provides intelligent networking, rapid touchscreens and vivid visuals that ensures fast and smooth action, especially in heavy-loading games.
Battery And Others
Oppo F17 Pro is backed up by the average 4,000mAh battery along with the support for 30W VOOC Flash Charge 4.0. The brand claims that the smartphone charges fully in just 53 minutes and provides 4 hours of talk time only in a 5-minute charge. It also comes with AI Night Charging which slows down charging speed during the night ensuring that the device is fully charged by the time one wakes up. Another feature is Super Power Saving Mode that allows you access to just 6 apps when your battery level is at 5%.
Talking about the connectivity options, it features Dual SIM, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/GALILEO/BDS/QZSS, USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 5.1, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Oppo F17 Pro Specifications
- Dimension: 160.1 x 73.8 x 7.48 mm
- Weight: 164 gm
- Display: a 6.43-inch (16.34cm) Full HD Plus Super AMOLED display along with a screen resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, 60Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, 90.7% screen-body-ratio, 409PPI, Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P95 Chipset
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6x 2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: PowerVR GM9446
- RAM: 8GB of RAM
- Storage: 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage that can be expanded via a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
- Network: 4G
- Software: ColorOS 7.2 based on Android 10.
- Rear Camera: Quad Camera Setup
- 48MP Samsung GM1ST primary camera, 1/2″, f/1.7 aperture, 0.8μm, 6P
- 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera,1/4″, 1.12μm, f/2.2 aperture, 5P
- 2MP Mono Camera, 1/5″, 1.75μm, f/2.4 aperture, 3P
- 2MP Mono Camera, 1/5″, 1.75μm, f/2.4 aperture, 3P
- Rear Video: up to 4K (30fps) 1080P / 720P @ 30fps / 30fps
- Front Camera:
- 16MP selfie snapper, 1/3″, 1.0μm, f/2.4 aperture, 5P
- 2MP Front Depth Camera, 1/5″, 1.75μm, f/2.4 aperture, 3P
- Front Video: up to 1080P / 720P @ 30fps.
- Battery: 4,000mAh battery along with the support for 30W VOOC Flash Charge 4.0
- Colors: Matte Black, and Magic Blue.
- Sensor: Fingerprint (In-display, optical), accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/GALILEO/BDS/QZSS, USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 5.1, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Price In Nepal: Rs. 43,990 (8GB/128GB)
Oppo F17 Pro Price And Availability In Nepal
Oppo F17 Pro is launched at the price of Rs. 43,990 in Nepal. The mid-range smartphone will be available for purchase starting October 1st 2020 in all the official mobile stores and retail shops in Nepal. Oppo F17 Pro is available in two different color variants such as Matte Black, and Magic Blue in the Nepalese tech market. Oppo F17 Pro will compete with the likes of Realme 7 Pro, Samsung Galaxy M31S, Redmi K20 Pro, etc.
|Price In Nepal
|Oppo F17 Pro (8GB/128GB)
|Available for sale starting
from October 1st on all
official Oppo Mobile stores and retail shops.
Oppo F17 Pro is one of the best smartphones in the mid-range segment with a sleek and stylish design. The smartphone is only 7.48mm thick and weighs 164 gm making it one of the lightest phones available out there. The device flaunts a super AMOLED panel which will provide you with a great and spectacular visual experience. It is a phone to go for if you want a powerful battery with fast charging support.
But if you are looking for a higher refresh rate in your smartphone and want a device for good gaming, you must not opt for the Oppo F17 Pro. It also comes with a mediocre camera and optical features. Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro might be the best options for you to opt for instead of Oppo F17 Pro. But it doesn’t mean that the smartphone is not worth it though. It has its own charms.
You may also have a look at the Oppo Mobiles Price in Nepal >>
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years