Xiaomi’s Sub-brand Redmi has finally launched its much-awaited K40-Series smartphone smartphones in China. The K40 series smartphones lineup includes phones such as Redmi K40, Redmi K40 Pro, and Redmi K40 Pro+. The K-series accommodates the best smartphone with attractive and high-end specs. We will be having a look at the base model in the series i.e. Redmi K40. So, now let’s know more in detail about the specs, availability, and Redmi K40 price in Nepal below.
Redmi K40 Overview
Redmi K40 is the successor to the Redmi K30 that was launched a year back. The flagship killer smartphone arrives with attractive specs and features and comes with few upgrades as compared to its predecessor.
The design of the flagship smartphone, Redmi K40 is nothing similar to its predecessor. Both the camera sensors and their positions have been completely changed compared to their predecessors. The horizontal pill-shaped selfie camera has been moved to the top center of the display, making it one of the smallest punch-holes that houses the front camera. Furthermore, the rear camera housed inside the vertical pill-shaped at the top center in K30 is moved to the further left in the square module. To be precise the camera module of the phone is highly inspired by the recently launched Mi 11. It is also IP53 rated for dust and water resistance.
Redmi K40 comes with a large and smooth 6.67 inches Samsung E4 AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and a 360Hz touch sample. It has an aspect ratio of 20:9, 85.9% screen-to-body ratio, 395 PPi and screen resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The screen also supports the DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10+, and a 1300nits of maximum brightness. The smartphone has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection. It has a fingerprint sensor mounted at the side of the phone.
Talking about photography of the Redmi K40, it arrives with fewer rear cameras compared with its predecessor. It flaunts a triple camera setup with a square cutout. It consists of a 48 MP Sony IMX582 primary camera with f/1.79 aperture, an 8 MP 119° ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, and a 5 MP telephoto macro sensor with a 50mm focal length. The smartphone houses a 20 MP Selfie camera at the front to capture beautiful and gorgeous selfies.
Redmi K40 features amazing camera features such as Magic Clone, VLOG mode, macro video recording, and many filters etc. The rear cameras are capable of recording videos up to 4K@30fp, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps, gyro-EIS. On the front it records videos up to 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps.
Snapdragon 870 SoC
Under the hood, Redmi K40 comes powered by the Flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 Processor. It is the first K-series smartphone to feature a Snapdragon 8-series flagship platform. The phone gets a huge upgrade over a snapdragon 720G of Redmi K30. It is an octa-core processor based on 7nm processing technology that delivers a 3.2GHz maximum frequency and comes equipped with powerful Adreno 650 GPU graphics.
It is coupled with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 256GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage option. At the software front, the Redmi K40 runs on MIUI 12 based Android 11 OS.
The smartphone can maintain a high-speed, low latency and stable Wi-Fi connection. It also comes with LiquidCool Technology. So, you will be able to play high spec games very easily and smoothly.
Battery and Connectivity
Redmi K40 comes with a 4,520mAh (typ) battery along with the support of standard 33W wired fast charging. As per Xiaomi’s claims, the smartphone fully charges up to 100% in only 52 minutes. It also has support for Quick Charge 3+ and Power Delivery 3.0.
Talking about the connectivity options of the Redmi K40, it features a 5G network, Dual SIM slot, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC, IR blaster, NFC, USB Type-C, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio, and Hi-Res Audio Wireless, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
Checkout: How to read Specs of a Smartphone?
Redmi K40 Technical Specifications
- Dimension: 163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 196 g
- Display: 6.67 inches Full HD+ Samsung E4 AMOLED Display, screen resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 20:9 aspect ratio, 85.9% screen-to-body ratio, 395 PPi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Screen Protection, 1300 nits peak brightness
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 Processor; 7 nm mobile platform
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650 graphics processor
- RAM: 6GB/8GB/12GB LPPDDR5 RAM.
- Memory: Internal storage of 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1
- Software: MIUI 12 based Android 11 OS
- Rear Camera: Triple Camera Setup
- 48 MP Sony IMX582 primary sensor, f/1.79 aperture, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP ultra wide-angle camera, f/2.2 aperture, FOV 119°
- 5 MP telemacro sensor,50mm, 1/5.0″, 1.12µm
- LED Flash
- Rear Video: up to 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 20 MP Selfie camera
- Front Video: Up to 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 4,520mAh battery with 33 W wired fast charging support, Power Delivery 3.0, Quick Charge 3+.
- Colors: Icy White, Glossy Black, and Dreamland
- Sensor: Ambient light sensor, Acceleration sensor, Electronic compass, Linear motor for indicator light, Gyroscope, Infrared remote control, Rear light sensor, Ultrasonic distance sensor.
- Network: 5G
- Connectivity: Dual SIM slot, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC, IR blaster, NFC, USB Type-C, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio, and Hi-Res Audio Wireless, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
- Price In Nepal: Rs. 41,999 (6GB/128GB) | Rs. 48,999 (8GB/128GB) | Rs. 50,999 (8GB/256GB) | Rs. 55,999 (12GB/256GB) [Expected]
Redmi K40 Availability And Price In Nepal
Redmi K40 is launched at the starting price of 1999 yuan for the base variant 6GB/128GB in China. The smartphone will be available for purchase starting from March 4th in China. It will be available in three different colour variants such as Icy White, Glossy Black, and Dreamland. The Redmi K40 is expected to be priced around Rs. 41,999 in Nepal for the base variant if it finds a way in the Nepalese market. The smartphone will be competing with other premium mid-range smartphones. Checkout, the best smartphones under 50K In Nepal, to find the best premium mid-range smartphones.
|Smartphone Model||Price In China||Price In Nepal|
|Redmi K40 (6GB/128GB)||1,999 Yuan||Rs. 41,999|
|Redmi K40 (8GB/128GB)||2,199 Yuan||Rs. 48,999|
|Redmi K40 (8GB/256GB)||2,499 Yuan||Rs. 50,999|
|Redmi K40 (12GB/256GB)||2,699 Yuan||Rs. 55,999|
So, will it be able to make its presence felt in the tech market? What are your views about the specs of a phone? Let us know in the comment section below.
Also Read, the Official Xiaomi smartphones Price in Nepal.
- Nepal Telecom to provide 30 days free internet trial service via fiber for voice users
- realme C53 New 6/128GB Variant Launched in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Redmi 13C with 90Hz Display & 50MP Triple Camera Launched
- Ncell Lists “Facts” Regarding The Axiata-Spectrlite UK Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra: Leaks, rumors, images, specs, and all we know so far
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million