The market for budget smartphones has been rapidly expanding in recent years, with new models entering the arena almost every month. In this highly competitive space, Samsung Galaxy A23 and Realme 10 have emerged as two of the most popular options. Both devices offer impressive features at a reasonable price point, making them attractive options for consumers looking for an affordable smartphone. With no further ado let’s compare both these devices in our Samsung Galaxy A23 VS Realme 10 showdown.
Samsung Galaxy A23 Vs Realme 10 Overview
In the world of budget smartphones, Samsung and Realme are two popular brands that offer great features at affordable prices. Samsung has recently announced the launch of its upcoming device, the Galaxy A23, while Realme has been dominating the market with its popular Realme 10 model.
With both phones set to be in direct competition with each other, it’s time to take a closer look at their specs, features, and overall value for money. In this blog post, we’ll compare the Samsung Galaxy A23 Vs Realme 10 to help you make an informed decision on which budget smartphone is right for you.
Don’t Miss: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Vs IPhone 14 Pro Max
Display & Design
Both the Samsung Galaxy A23 and Realme 10 come with impressive displays that offer a high refresh rate of 90Hz, which provides smooth and seamless scrolling. The Galaxy A23 features a 6.6-inch Full HD+ PLS TFT Infinity-V display with a 1080 x 2408 pixels resolution and 20:9 screen-to-body ratio, which provides a vivid and immersive viewing experience. On the other hand, the Realme 10 boasts a 6.4-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with a 2400 × 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, and an impressive 90.8% screen-to-body ratio.
Additionally, it has a 360Hz touch sampling rate, 1.07 billion colors, 4,000,000:1 contrast ratio, 16.7 million color depth, and 409 PPI density, making it one of the best displays in its price range. With a peak brightness of 600 nits, it provides excellent visibility even under direct sunlight. In summary, the Realme 10 has a more superior display than the Samsung Galaxy A23, offering richer colors, higher contrast, and a better overall viewing experience.
When it comes to design, both the Realme 10 and Samsung Galaxy A23 have their unique features. The Realme 10 comes in a stylish and sleek design with a weight of 178 grams, which is relatively lighter than the Samsung Galaxy A23. It is available in two colors: Clash White and Rush Black, which look classy and elegant. On the other hand, the Samsung Galaxy A23 has a slightly heavier weight of 195 grams and comes with a glass front as well as a plastic frame and back.
It is available in four colors: Black, White, Peach, and Blue, offering more color options to choose from. Despite its plastic build, the phone looks and feels premium, thanks to its glossy finish and attractive design. Overall, both phones have a stylish and modern design that is sure to catch your eye, but the Realme 10’s lighter weight and more minimalist color options give it an edge over the Samsung Galaxy A23.
50MP Quad Vs Dual Camera Setup
The Samsung Galaxy A23 and Realme 10 both offer impressive camera setups for their price range. The Samsung Galaxy A23 features a quad-camera setup on the back, including a 50MP primary sensor with OIS, a 5MP ultra-wide-angle sensor, a 2MP macro sensor, and a 2MP depth field sensor. The phone also has the ability to capture 4K videos at 30fps. On the front, it has an 8MP selfie camera, which can record 1080p videos at 30fps.
On the other hand, the Realme 10 features a dual-camera setup on the back, including a 50MP primary sensor and a 2MP B&W camera. It can record videos at 1080p@30fps. On the front, it has a 16MP selfie camera, which can also record videos at 1080p@30fps.
From a camera performance perspective, the Samsung Galaxy A23 has a more diverse camera setup with the addition of an ultra-wide-angle sensor and a macro sensor, which allows for more versatility in capturing different types of shots. The 50MP primary sensor with OIS also promises better low-light performance and stabilization.
However, the Realme 10’s 16MP front-facing camera is a notable advantage, as it offers a higher resolution for selfies compared to the Samsung Galaxy A23. Overall, both phones offer good camera performance, with the Samsung Galaxy A23 offering more versatility, while the Realme 10 excels in selfie photography.
Helio G99 Vs Snapdragon 680; Performance
The Realme 10 and Samsung Galaxy A23 both offer good performance for their respective price ranges. The Realme 10 is powered by the MediaTek Helio G99 chipset, a 6nm mobile platform with an octa-core CPU (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55) and an ARM G57 MC2 graphics processor. It also comes with 4/8GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 64GB/128GB of UFS 2.2 internal storage. The phone runs on the latest realme UI 3.0 based on the Android 12 operating system.
On the other hand, the Samsung Galaxy A23 is powered by the Snapdragon 680 chipset, a 6nm technology-based processor with an octa-core CPU (quad 2.4GHz + quad 1.9GHz) and an Adreno 610 GPU. It comes with 4GB/6GB/8GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage, which can be expanded via a dedicated MicroSD card slot. The phone runs on Samsung’s custom user interface based on the Android operating system.
In terms of performance, both phones offer smooth and snappy user experiences, thanks to their capable processors and ample RAM. However, the Realme 10’s MediaTek Helio G99 chipset is slightly more powerful than the Snapdragon 680 chipset found in the Samsung Galaxy A23, which translates to slightly better performance in demanding tasks such as gaming and multitasking.
Additionally, the Realme 10’s UFS 2.2 storage provides faster read and write speeds compared to the Samsung Galaxy A23’s internal storage, which could lead to faster app loading times and smoother overall performance. Overall, the Realme 10 has a slight advantage in terms of performance, thanks to its more powerful chipset and faster storage.
5000mAh Battery & Connectivity
Realme 10 and Samsung Galaxy A23 both have 5000mAh batteries with excellent battery life. The Realme 10 has a non-removable Li-Po 5,000mAh battery that supports 33W SuperVOOC charging, while Samsung Galaxy A23 supports 25W fast charging with a 15W charger in the box.
Realme 10’s 33W SuperVOOC charging is faster than Samsung Galaxy A23’s 25W fast charging. However, both phones offer great battery life and fast charging capabilities. Users who prioritize fast charging may prefer Realme 10, while those who don’t mind slightly slower charging speeds may find Samsung Galaxy A23’s battery and charging setup sufficient.
Samsung Galaxy A23 and Realme 10 both offer a range of connectivity options. Samsung Galaxy A23 has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and comes with Bluetooth 5.0, a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C 2.0, loudspeakers, and 4G network support. On the other hand, Realme 10 offers an acceleration sensor, proximity sensor, magnetic induction sensor, light sensor, and gyro-meter, along with dual SIM support, Wi-Fi 5, dual-band, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C Port, and a loudspeaker with stereo speakers. Overall, both phones provide a variety of connectivity options, with Realme 10 offering a wider range of features, including NFC and stereo speakers.
Don’t Miss: Xiaomi 12 Lite Vs Samsung Galaxy A53 5G
Samsung Galaxy A23 Specifications
- Display: 6.6-inch Full HD+ PLS TFT Infinity-V, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 1080 x 2408 pixels resolution, 20:9 screen-to-body ratio
- Weight: 195g
- Build: Glass front as well as Plastic Frame/Back
- Quad Rear Camera: 50MP, f/1.8 Main Sensor (OIS) + 5MP, f/2.2 Ultra-Wide Angle Sensor + 2MP, f/2.4 Macro Sensor + 2MP, f/2.4 Depth Field
Video: 4K at 30fps
- Front camera: 8MP, f/2.2
Video: 1080p at 30fps
- Chipset: Snapdragon 680, 6nm Technolgy Based
- CPU: Octa-Core (Quad 2.4GHz + Quad 1.9GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4GB/6GB/8GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: 64GB, 128GB; expandable via dedicated MicroSD card slot
- Network: 4G
- SIM: Dual-Nano
- Software: OneUI 4.1 based on Android 12
- Colour Options: Black, White, Peach, as well as Blue
- Miscellaneous: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, GPS, Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, as well as Compass
- Connectivity: 5000mAh with 25W Fast Charging (15W Charger Provided in the Box)
- Samsung Galaxy A23 Price in Nepal: Rs. 25,999 for the 64GB/4GB variant as well as Rs. 29,999 for the 128GB/6GB variant.
Realme 10 Specifications
- Display: 6.4 inches Full HD+ Super AMOLED display, 90Hz refresh rate, 2400 × 1080 pixels screen resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 90.8 % screen-to-body ratio, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 1.07 billion colors, 4,000,000: 1 contrast ratio, 16.7 Million Colour depth, 409 PPI density, 600 nits brightness
- Weight: 178 gm
- Dual Rear Camera: 50 MP Primary Camera, f/1.8 aperture + 2 MP B&W Camera, f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 6 MP Selfie camera, f/2.45 aperture
Video: Up to 1080p@30fps
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G99 Chipset; 6 nm mobile platform
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: ARM G57 MC2 graphics processor
- RAM: 4/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.2 Internal storage
- Network: 4G
- SIM: Dual Nano
- Software:realme UI 3.0 based on Android 12 OS
- Colour Options: Clash White, and Rush Black.
- Miscellaneous: In-display Fingerprint sensor, Acceleration sensor, Proximity sensor, Magnetic Induction sensor, Light sensor, Gyro-meter
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by), Wi-Fi 5, Wi-Fi 4 & 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Bluetooth 5.3, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, GPS, A-GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, NFC, USB Type-C Port, a loudspeaker with stereo speakers, etc.
- Battery: 5,000mAh battery, 33W SUPERVOOC Charge
- Realme 10 Price in Nepal: Rs. 29,999 for 8GB/128GB
Don’t Miss: Samsung Galaxy F13 Vs Redmi Note 11
Price in Nepal & Availability
|Smartphone||Price in Nepal||Availability|
|Samsung Galaxy A23||Rs. 25,999 for 4GB/64GB|
Rs. 29,999 for 6GB/128GB
|Samsung Official Stores, Retails Stores as well as in Daraz|
|Realme 10||Rs. 29,999 for 8GB/128GB||Samsung Official Stores, Retails Stores as well as in Daraz|
The Samsung Galaxy A23 is available in two variants; 4GB/64GB for Rs. 25,999 and 6GB/128GB for Rs. 29,999, while the Realme 10 is available for Rs. 29,999 with 8GB/128GB. All these smartphones can be purchased at Samsung official stores, retail stores, and online on Daraz.
Samsung Galaxy A23 Vs Realme 10 Conclusion
When comparing the Samsung Galaxy A23 and the Realme 10, it’s clear that both smartphones offer similar features at a similar price point. The Galaxy A23 is available in two variants, with 4GB/64GB priced at Rs. 25,999 and 6GB/128GB priced at Rs. 29,999. On the other hand, the Realme 10 comes with 8GB/128GB and is available for Rs. 29,999.
In terms of specifications, the Samsung Galaxy A23 offers a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display, while the Realme 10 comes with a 6.5-inch IPS LCD display. The Galaxy A23 is powered by a MediaTek Helio G35 processor, while the Realme 10 comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor. Both smartphones have a quad-camera setup at the back, with the Galaxy A23 offering a 48MP primary sensor and the Realme 10 offering a 64MP primary sensor.
Considering the specifications and price, the Realme 10 may be a better choice for users who prioritize higher RAM and internal storage. However, the Samsung Galaxy A23’s Super AMOLED display and slightly lower price point for the 4GB/64GB variant could make it a better option for users who value a better display and affordability. Ultimately, the choice between the two smartphones depends on the user’s individual preferences and requirements.
Don’t Miss: Realme GT 2 Pro Vs Xiaomi 12 Pro
- Redmi 13C with 90Hz Display & 50MP Triple Camera Launched
- Ncell Lists “Facts” Regarding The Axiata-Spectrlite UK Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra: Leaks, rumors, images, specs, and all we know so far
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale