Global Chinese smartphone brand Xiaomi has launched its latest high-end smartphone Xiaomi 14 Pro. Coming as the senior sibling to the Xiaomi 14 standard model and the successor to the Xiaomi 13 Pro model, the 14 Pro variant features Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset, Leica camera setup, 12 GB RAM, and all the bells and whistles from the Chinese tech giant. Let’s explore what Xiaomi has to offer with this high-end lineup and its expected price in Nepal.
TABLE OF CONTENT
TOP XIAOMI 14 PRO FEATURES
Reasons to choose Xiaomi 14 Pro:
- The latest Qualcomm processor “Snapdragon 3 Gen 3 processor“
- Triple rear camera set up powered by Leica
- Protected by 10-times more durable “Dragon Crystal Glass”
- 12GB/256GB RAM/ROM combination
XIAOMI 14 PRO OVERVIEW
Xiaomi 14 Pro is the Chinese tech giant’s premium offering which features a blazingly powerful processor, better RAM/ROM combination, immersive display, and power-packed performance.
Coming at the 6.8-inch size and rocking the Super AMOLED screen with the aesthetically designed camera module at the back, the device is a stunner for smartphone lovers. Among the major highlights, Xiaomi 14 Pro debuts Qualcomm’s latest and greatest Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC and runs on its new OS platform HyperOS marking the transition away from the previous MIUI. The device gives a run for the money to other smartphone OEMs that will be releasing their flagship phones in the coming months in 2023.
DISPLAY/DESIGN WITH DRAGON CRYSTAL GLASS
The Xiaomi 14 Pro sports a 6.73-inch LTPO AMOLED display featuring a resolution of 1440 x 3200 pixels and a 20:9 aspect ratio. The display gets a refresh rate of 120 Hz and supports Dolby Vision and HDR10+ support delivering an excellent immersive viewing experience.
The display gets its protection from Xiaomi Longjing Glass (Dragon Crystal Glass). The company says that this glass is 10 times more durable and scratch-resistant than others in the market. As per the company, this glass has Vickers hardness of 860 HV0.025 which makes it much harder than others in the market. In smartphone glass tech, Xiaomi’s Dragon Crystal Glass seems to be one step further. Only time will see how other manufacturers respond to this advancement. Likewise, the device has a touch sampling rate that stands at 2160 Hz and has a peak brightness of 3000 nits.
The Xiaomi 14 Pro screen supports an “equal-depth micro-curved screen”. It’s curvy from all sides and uses four-curved glass on the rear. The 522 PPI resolution delivers extremely sharp and vibrant imagery.
The Xiaomi 14 Pro supports full DC dimming which protects the eyes from possible harm. The device also has the German TÜV Rheinland certification which means that its screen is safe to use and has eye protection for the end users.
POWERED BY SNAPDRAGON 8 GEN 3 PROCESSOR
Xiaomi 14 Pro is the first phone to feature Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset. This 4nm processor semiconductor rocks an octa-core CPU with one Cortex-X4 clocking 3.3 GHz, five performance cores Cortext-A720 clocking 3.2 GHz, and the two Cortex-A520 cores speeding till 2.3 GHz in the 1+5+2 core configuration. Qualcomm says that it’s 20% faster and 30% more power efficient.
The graphics also get a boost with the Adreno 750 GPU which unlocks better gaming and graphical activities.
MEMORY & STORAGE
This smartphone comes in two variants- 12 GB and 16 GB with LPDDR5X RAM. For storage, Xiaomi has made the premium gadget in three options- 256 GB, 512 GB, or 1 TB of ROM all with UFS 4.0 storage technology.
CAMERAS BACKED BY WORLD-CLASS LEICA TECHNOLOGY
On the optics front, the Xiaomi 14 Pro sports triple-rear cameras with the iconic Leica’s technology. The device has a Hunter 900 50 MP main sensor with a 23mm focal length. There’s another 50 MP ultra-wide-angle lens with a 14mm focal length. The 50 MP telephoto lens with a 75mm focal length completes the camera module.
As per Xiaomi, the camera opens in 0.8 seconds. It can record video at 8K resolution. On the front, the phone gets a 32 MP selfie shooter.
BATTERY THAT COMPLETELY CHARGES IN JUST 18 MINUTES
The Xiaomi 14 Pro comes with a powerful 4,880mAh non-removable battery and supports an enthralling 120W wired fast charging, PD3.0, QC4. It also supports 50W wireless fast charging.
Xiaomi claims that the battery charges to 100% in just about 18 minutes with the 120W charger. With the wireless charger, it takes about 40 minutes to juice up the phone. It also supports 10W reverse wireless charging.
EXPERIENCE THE NEW ANDROID SKIN “HYPEROS”
Xiaomi 14 Pro debuts the company’s new custom Android OS HyperOS based on Android 14. That means you get the latest Android version out of the box and that’s on top of Xiaomi’s new mobile OS. MIUI is officially dead on Xiaomi’s premium handsets at least in China.
The device is IP68 dust- and water-resistant. For protection, it has an under-display fingerprint sensor. Just like other smartphones, it gets other sensors such as an accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass, barometer, and color spectrum. It supports USB Type-C 3.2, OTG, and NFC, and comes with an infrared port, and Bluetooth 5.4, among other highlighting specs.
XIAOMI 14 PRO SPECIFICATIONS
Check out all the major specifications of the Xiaomi 14 Pro smartphone below:
- Device: Xiaomi 14 Pro
- Dimension: 61.4 x 75.3 x 8.5 mm
- Announced: 2023, October 26
- Display: LTPO AMOLED, 68B colors, 120Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 3000 nits (peak),
- Size: 6.73 inches, 108.9 cm2 (~89.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~522 ppi density)
- Protection: Xiaomi Longjing Glass (Dragon Crystal Glass)
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8650-AB Snapdragon 8 Gen 3, 4 nm
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.3 GHz Cortex-X4 & 5×3.2 GHz Cortex-A720 & 2×2.3 GHz Cortex-A520)
- GPU: Adreno 750
- RAM: 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Memory: 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 16GB RAM, 1TB 16GB RAM UFS 4.0
- Rear Camera: Triple Camera Setup
- 50 MP, f/1.4-f/4.0, 23mm (wide), 1/1.31″, 1.2µm, dual pixel PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 50 MP, f/2.0, 75mm (telephoto), PDAF (10cm – ∞), OIS, 3.2x optical zoom
- 50 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 115˚ (ultrawide), AFRear
- Video: 8K@24fps (HDR10), 4K@24/30/60fps (HDR10+), 1080p@30/120/240/960fps, 1080p@1920fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 32 MP
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Battery: Li-Po 4880 mAh, non-removable
- Fast-charging: 120W wired, PD3.0, QC4, 100% in 18 min (Claimed by Xiaomi)
- 50W wireless, 100% in 40 min
- 10W reverse wireless
- WiFi: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e/7, dual-band, WiFi Direct
- Bluetooth: 5.4, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 2, OTG support
- Security: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass, barometer, color spectrum
- 5G Bands: FDD N1 / N3 / N5 / N7 / N8 / N20 / N28
TDD N38 / N40 / N41 / N66 / N71 / N75 / N77 / N78 / N79
- 4G Bands: TD-LTE 2300(band 40) / 2500(band 41)
FD-LTE 2100(band 1) / 1800(band 3) / 900(band 8) / 850(band 5)
- 3G: UMTS 1900 / 2100 / 850 / 900 MHz
- 2G: GSM 1800 / 1900 / 850 / 900 MHz
- OS platform: HyperOS on Android 14
- Weight: 223 g or 230 g
- Color options: Black, Silver, Titanium, Green
- 5G Bands: FDD N1 / N3 / N5 / N7 / N8 / N20 / N28
- Xiaomi 14 Pro Price in Nepal: Rs 120,999 [12GB/256GB]
XIAOMI 14 PRO PRICE IN NEPAL
Xiaomi 14 Pro price in Nepal could start from around Rs 1,20,999 for the 12GB/256 GB variant. The device is also available in 16GB/512 GB, and 16GB/1TB storage coming in four color options- Black, Silver, Titanium, and Green. The device could launch in a few months in Nepal.
Below, we have the estimated cost of the Xiaomi 14 Pro price in Nepal for all the variants:
|Xiaomi 14 Models||Xiaomi 14 Pro price in China||Xiaomi 14 Pro price in Nepal [Expected]|
|12GB/256GB||CNY 4,999||Rs 1,20,999|
|16GB/512GB||CNY 5,499||Rs 1,32,999|
|16GB/1TB||CNY 5,999||Rs 1,40,900|
Check out: Latest Xiaomi Mobiles Price in Nepal
CONCLUSION: YOUR PERFECT FLAGSHIP PICK
The Xiaomi 14 Pro is the Chinese giant’s premium handset with its best specs on offer. The device is powered by Qualcomm’s most advanced Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC, and debuts HyperOS for a fresh UI feel. Besides, the 120W fast charging eliminates major battery performance issues. The Leica camera and a 32 MP selfie camera add premium value to photography lovers. For those seeking a blazingly snappy device with class-apart specs, the Xiaomi 14 Pro offers an excellent choice. Besides that, if you are very conscious of the glass panels, you get a “10-times” sturdier Dragon Crystal Glass for its protection. The device ticks all the right boxes.
To sum up, if you want a high-end smartphone with the best-in-class processor, and a fresh software experience (even for Xiaomi’s MIUI fans) at a convenient cost, Xiaomi 14 Pro can ideally fit as your best bet.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats