Nepal Telecom (Ntc), majority share (91.5 %) owned by Government, and very less (8.5%) percent by employees and public, has decided to give 47 percent dividend to the shareholders. 7th AGM of NT board headed by secretary of MOIC (Minister of Information and Communication) Mr. Sunil Bahadur Malla, has decided to give the dividend which is 1 percent greater than the previous year.
The company made a profit of 11.5 billion in the last Fiscal year, with the total revenue of 35.58 billion. Company has shown increase of its customer base in all of its services (majority in GSM Namaste SIM) and there is a significant increase in the revenue from data usage. Several Employees and Shareholders questioned the board regarding the worth maximization and increase of dividend, along with the result of strategic partner and good quality of different services. There was some voice regarding Bonus share, shareholders SIM service (with some talk time) and the stability of the board members (including chairman and Managing Director).
The board has also decided to put a board member representing the employees, which used to be elected through a election from all the shareholder employees. The decision maker also believed the decision to have addressed the demand from the employee unions regarding the representation of share-less employees to the board.
- Sangita Pahadi Appointed as Acting MD of Nepal Telecom
- Ntc Starts Mobile Service in Tinkar, Northwest Border Area Near China
- Daraz Dashain Dhamaka: Win Voucher Worth Rs 1 Lakh, 70% Discount on Products, More
- realme C53 With 108MP Ultra Clear Camera Launching Soon in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo V29 5G Available For Pre-booking in Nepal | Price and Specs
- WorldLink launches AI Chatbot to address customer services
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs