August 10, 2015: Ncell, the private operator in Nepal is known to bring a new mobile network in Kathmandu. With the new network, the capacity both in Voice and data will be doubled according to Ncell CTO. Ncell has already started the swapping of the old ZTE Base Stations (in 2G and 3G) with new Base stations from the Chinese Vendor, Huawei. They have claimed that almost half of the swapping work is already completed and the remaining work will be finished within a month.
After that, Ncell customers can get good quality voice and High-speed data with the new network (up to 42 Mbps, i.e. HSPA+). Ncell warns its customers that the expansion of the new network may have some impact during the work and requests customers to be calm as the temporary problem would be solved immediately. This comes at a time when operators are highly affected by the April 25 Earthquake with the damage in some sites and other issues even from House owners.
Two years before Nepal Telecom had performed the swapping of its network from the ZTE base stations to Huawei in Kathmandu valley which had a significant impact on the quality of the network from voice quality to high speeds. It is due to the NT 10 Million GSM project from Huawei that NT regained its top spot in no. of voice subscription and even the data segment. Following NT’s successful up-gradation, it is known that Ncell is expecting to leverage the Huawei’s equipment and Managed service for better quality network and survive in this stiff competition.
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra: Leaks, rumors, images, specs, and all we know so far
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package