Mobile vs Desktop internet usage.
Mobile internet usage has surpassed the desktop internet usage in the world from this October 2016. The news surfaced this November and is according to the independent web analytic company Statcounter. The gap between Mobile and Desktop internet usage has gone up in the month of November too.
As per the latest data from the firm, the mobile devices accounted for 49.23 percent of the internet usage worldwide whereas it is around 45.85 percent for desktop usage. The tablet accounts around 5 percent of total internet usage. The usage was 55.86 percent for desktop and 39 percent for Mobile, in the month of January 2016. This data shows the rapid growth of internet usage from Mobile devices.
“This should be a wake up call especially for small businesses, sole traders and professionals to make sure that their websites are mobile friendly. Many older websites are not,” commented Aodhan Cullen, CEO, StatCounter.
“Mobile compatibility is increasingly important not just because of growing traffic but because Google favors mobile friendly websites for its mobile search results.” He pointed out that Google recently launched a tool where businesses can test their website mobile performance.
In the US, the internet usage from desktop is still greater than Mobile devices. The data comes around 54 % for desktop, 37 % for Mobile devices and 9 % for tablet devices.
In India, the usage from Mobile devices has already surpassed desktop in July 2012. Now the internet usage from Mobile is 80 percent whereas it comes to 20 % for Desktop internet usage.
The data for Nepal shows the internet usage in mobile has exceeded that of Desktop in June 2016. Now the mobile internet usage is 62 %, Desktop usage is 35.7%, and Tablet internet usage is 2 %. You can see below for the graph for the usage in Nepal.
Stat counter collects data of sample exceeding 15 billion page views per month from their network of more than 3 million websites.
- Ntc Starts Mobile Service in Tinkar, Northwest Border Area Near China
- Daraz Dashain Dhamaka: Win Voucher Worth Rs 1 Lakh, 70% Discount on Products, More
- realme C53 With 108MP Ultra Clear Camera Launching Soon in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo V29 5G Available For Pre-booking in Nepal | Price and Specs
- WorldLink launches AI Chatbot to address customer services
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs
- Case Filed Against NTC MD, Government Secretary in National Payment Gateway Corruption