NTA (the regulator of telecomunication service in Nepal) has finally opened up the telecom infrastructure sharing license. So, the regulator has asked for application to get license to provide telecommunication infrastructure services in Nepal. There will be two license to give away for the eligible firms. With the service, NTA has planned to encourage telecom infrastructure sharing in Nepal.
The infrastructure sharing in telecom has been talked in this industry from a long time. But the major operators Ntc and Ncell did not have any significant pact for such sharing till now. Though there was small scale sharing done before.
Impacts of Infrastructure sharing
Infrastructure sharing refers to the sharing of mobile towers, powers, shelters and more, among two or more telecom companies. The realization of such sharing will help the telecom industry and country in many regards. Such as lowering of cost to new telecom operators, faster roll out and eventually resulting in improved telecom services in different parts of the country. This also includes some remote areas where for a small operator it is impossible to reach. It will be a win win for all the parties to share the infrastructure and improve the whole telecom industry situation.
NTA intends to issue 2 (TWO) licenses to the successful Applicants to provide telecommunications infrastructure service in Nepal to promote sharing of telecom infrastructures. Currently, NTA is only looking for sharing of passive infrastructures like Tower, Power, shelters e.t.c.
Please read our previous news regarding the mandatory requirement of telecom infrastructure sharing in Nepal to be more clear on some terms.
Interested firms can apply for the license within Dec 17, with their telecom infrastructure experience and capability. The license will make the selected firm to provide the infrastructure sharing service to telecom operators and Internet service providers.
Tell us what do you think of telecom Infrastructure services in Nepal.
- Nepal Telecom begins fiber internet in 4 hilly districts
- All Highways will be connected with the mobile network, NTA forwards a plan
- Oppo A38 Officially Launched With Helio G85 Chipset | Find Price & Specs
- Classic Tech partners ZTE to improve its internet network
- Ncell Users Can Now Contact Hello Sarkar For Free, service now operational 24-hours
- “Dumb phones” make a comeback as people are sick of smartphones
- The government fixes the cost for the basic TV package in Nepal, 8 channel bouquet lists