Nepal Telecom ( Ntc) has shifted the transmission link for their BTS tower in some districts to Microwave system. Previously those BTS were operating through Satellite link. The microwave link shift will benefit the subscribers for additional capacity and data service. In some areas, they even added some new BTS with microwave transmission.
As a part of their drive to change the satellite link to Microwave, Ntc has performed the shift in different areas of 8 districts of Eastern region. Those 8 districts to get the new transmission link are: Solukhumbu, Taplejung, Udaypur, Morang, Jhapa, Saptari, Sunsari.
Advantage of microwave shift to subscribers
The shift of transmission link to microwave will make data and voice service available in the BTS tower. Earlier, the BTS tower through Satellite link can only provide voice service. It also means the quality of service will improve in those areas. So, it is a kind of upgrade for the BTS tower.
Those new areas with the microwave link are: Gudel of Solukhumbu, Lelep of Taplejung, Nisankhe of Okhaldhunga and Khasibas of Udaypur.Similarly, Kharikhola, Junbesi and Cheskyam of Solukhumbu are upgraded with microwave link.
Other areas to get new GSM tower through microwave transmission are:
- Jhapa: Bhadrapur 1, Damak Municipality, Lakhanpur, Mechinagar,
- Morang: Belbari 1,2 and 3, Dulari, Sundarpu and Urlabari 4, 5
- Saptari: Arnaha 1, Fulbaariya 1, Inarwa
- Sunsari: Hasposa, Inarwa Municipality, Itahari and Mahendranagar
- Udaypur: Siddipur 1, Triyuga 5
All these GSM towers will provide voice and data services to people. Data service will benefit people to use internet and make connections to people worldwide through social media, IP calls and Instant messaging.
- Daraz Dashain Dhamaka: Win Voucher Worth Rs 1 Lakh, 70% Discount on Products, More
- realme C53 With 108MP Ultra Clear Camera Launching Soon in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo V29 5G Available For Pre-booking in Nepal | Price and Specs
- WorldLink launches AI Chatbot to address customer services
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs
- Case Filed Against NTC MD, Government Secretary in National Payment Gateway Corruption
- realme C51 With 33W SUPERVOOC Charge Launching Soon in Nepal