CIAA (Akhtiyaar) starts investigating Ntc 4G tender allegation
CIAA ( Commission for investigation of Abuse of Authority), a.k.a Akhtiyaar starts investigating for the allegation of irregularities for Ntc 4G tender. Ntc has announced 4G tender to expand 4G services to the whole of the country. Ntc says the set of tenders are under evaluation.
Mostly Chinese vendors have expressed their interest in the set of 4G tender processes. Ntc has called three separate tender for the 4G network expansion. Among which, first of them is for the installation and commissioning of core network for 4G. Remaining two of them include the BTS towers tender for two different regions. One is for Central and Mid western region whereas another is for all other remaining regions of Eastern region, Western region and Far western region.
ZTE and Mavenir are competing for 4G core network installation tender. Whereas China ComService and ZTE are competing for the two regions of BTS tower installation. Ntc is currently evaluating all of three tenders to come up with a decision for awarding contract.
Allegations for Ntc 4G tender
Here are the formal complaints for the Ntc 4G tender.
- Higher price quotes for the tender from China Comservice. The complaint says, usually it is less 40 to 50 percent than the estimates whereas China Comservice price is 25 percent less.
- Ntc going for 4G instead of 5G when the world is going to 5G. According to the complaint, this will be a waste of resources as company is investing on 4G instead of 5G.
As per Kathmandu post report, CIAA officials have already started investigating the complaint in initial stage. They will go for further detailed investigation after judging the gravity of the complaint.
We have already posted a news regarding the first 5G standard approved and expected to come only in the later 2018. So, it is only in future that the 5G service will be commercially available.
Ntc officials say that such allegations be made in written to hinder the state owned company from expanding the 4G services. It had happened similar before with Ntc for which new expansion cannot be done without such tender.
- Spectrum Auction to move ahead. Who can apply!!!
- NTA selects consultants for cable/wire management
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Announced; Overview, Specifications and Price
- How to make the best use of mobile phone during travel
- SC scraps its own stay order in CG Telecom case
- Smart cell brings easy loan service; Find how to subscribe/enable
- Why Police arrest Pathao and Tootle Riders | Background, legality and Way out