Xiaomi has launched a new phone in its Mi Mix series. Mi Mix was the first phone to have such a full screen with little bezels. Mi Mix 2s has the same design, looks as that of Mi Mix 2, launched six months ago. But it contains Snapdragon 845 processor, making it the first phone from China to have it. The Artificial Intelligence (AI) enables more features like Xiao AI voice assistant in Mi Mix 2s. Find out more features and specs below.
Much of the phones released this week, like Vivo V9 and Vivo X21, Oppo R15 had a full screen and notch, as preferred by many. The Latest from Huawei (also released on March 27th) P20 phones are of full screen bezel less and a notch in the middle, Read more. But Xiaomi has not made this notch available to this phone for now. They may have saved it for Mi 7, coming in April!!!
Although the phone was speculated to release in MWC 2018, it is possible only after one month, due to the vigorous testing for compatibility with the SD 845 processor. The phone features IPS Full HD plus and Full screen 2.0 of 5.99 inch and aspect ratio 18:9. The phone has 3400 mAh battery with quick charge 3.0. It is also the first phone from Xiaomi to support wireless charging. They also launched 99 RMB Qi wireless charging pad that can be used for other phones like iPhone X and Samsung flagships.
The phone includes AI powered voice assistant called Xiao AI, which is only available in China. Lei Jun compared to iPhone X in several aspects, literally mentioning of Mi Mix 2s being winner. As shown, their new vertical dual rear camera of 1.4 microns has better shots and the voice assistant can understand Chinese voice more accurately. Mi Mix 2s camera (with Sony IMX363 sensor) scores 101 in DxOMark benchmarks which is better than S9 plus, Google Pixel, iPhone X. The selfie camera can also bring a lot of bokeh effects to the picture and have advanced facial recognition due to AI. The phone also brings the power of AR core, partnered with google for AR gaming.
The phone also supports various 4G LTE bands around the world. There are altogether 43 bands in 6 different modes, like GSM, WCDMA, TDSCDMA, CDMA, LTE- TDD and LTE FDD. That means it supports all the technologies. But there is also a separate version to support all Global LTE bands, called the king version, the most expensive one.
Full specs of Mi Mix 2s
- 5.99 inch Full screen 2.0, Full HD, 18: 9 aspect ratio
- Snapdragon 845 processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- MIUI 9.5 over Android 8 Oreo
- Dual Nano SIM
- Dual 12 MP rear camera with OIS, dual tone flash, dual pixel autofocus (1.4 micro meter)
- 5 MP front shooter with 1.4µm pixel
- Rear fingerprint
- Three versions, 6 GB and 64 GB storage, 6 GB and 128 GB storage and 8 GB, 256 GB storage
- Bluetooth 5.0, Dual band WiFi
- Fast Wireless Charging
- Battery: 3400 mAH with quick charge 3.0
- Face recognition
- Augmented Reality (AR) core
- No head phone jack
Availability and Price
The phone comes in two colors, black and white. As mentioned in the specs, there are three versions with separate RAM and storage. The base mode of Mi Mix 2s with 6 GB RAM and 64 GB storage costs 3299 RMB (527 USD) whereas the middle one of 6 GB RAM and 128 GB storage costs 3599 RMB (575 USD). And the best of all 8 GB RAM and 256 GB storage Mi Mix2s costs 3999 RMB (639 USD). The sale of the phone is known to begin from April 3 in China. Hope it becomes gradually available to other parts like Nepal.
Here is a YouTube video of hands on with Mi Mix 2s phone.
- FonePay and NIPL launch Cross Border QR payment between Nepal and India
- Samsung ready to launch 5G technology in Nepal
- MediaTek develops the world’s first 3nm smartphone chipset
- Ncell users can call the suicide prevention helpline at 1166 for fee
- realme 11x 5G Launching Soon in Nepal | Find Price and Specs
- Cross-Border Payment Between Nepal and India Commences
- Nepal Telecom begins fiber internet in 4 hilly districts