Ntc, the government owned telco has operated GSM mobile service in rural place of Mugu. With the transmission link via VSAT to Sagarmatha Earth Station, Ntc operates a new 2G BTS tower in Mugum Karmarong Village body. Mugum Karmarong is the remotest place in Mugu district which borders with China.
The Mugum Karmarong village is situated at 3000 meters above the sea level. You can reach the place by walking for 3 days from district Headquarter Gamgadi or Rara lake. There was no any telecom services in the place before. People need to walk for 3 hours to get a mobile signal. Now they can easily use the mobile service in their own place.
The new BTS tower benefits 200 households and the tourists traveling there. They can easily make a call to any numbers worldwide. Ntc mentions that people in the area are excited for having the mobile signal. The mobile service will help to make the people’s life better along with the good impact in the tourism sector.
Ntc expansion in remote areas is in line with Nepal Government’s policy to connect the remote areas to mobile network although the outcome from these areas will be low to the telecom company. But the investment for infrastructure and operation is very high in those areas.
Now only basic mobile service from 2G is available there. In the future, Ntc can also use this same tower to add new technologies like 4G to provide high speed internet and more services in these remote areas.
- Sangita Pahadi Appointed as Acting MD of Nepal Telecom
- Ntc Starts Mobile Service in Tinkar, Northwest Border Area Near China
- Daraz Dashain Dhamaka: Win Voucher Worth Rs 1 Lakh, 70% Discount on Products, More
- realme C53 With 108MP Ultra Clear Camera Launching Soon in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo V29 5G Available For Pre-booking in Nepal | Price and Specs
- WorldLink launches AI Chatbot to address customer services
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs