NTC (Nepal Telecom) has increased its data customers by 18.14 percent. In a recent press statement, Ntc releases the no of customers in data, voice and their achievements. Total Ntc users stand at 19.1 million according to MIS report of Magh 2074.
Among the total users, there are around 9.9 million Ntc data users. The data is an increment of 18.14 percent till Phalgun 2074. Ntc is currently providing 5 Mbps of ADSL unlimited internet at just Rs 700 per month.
Latest NTA MIS also says the current market share of Ntc for voice is 50 percent. It seems they admit their fewer broadband users share but have more no of mobile data users from GPRS/ EDGE. Due to which, they claim their leading position in data as well. Read here for more information.
NTC says they completed their mobile network expansion project in Kathmandu Valley and West whereas the works in other remaining regions are 72 percent complete. They are also focusing their network expansion in several rural areas with the same project. NTC says they are about to add 237 more BTS tower within this Fiscal year 2074 / 2075. They have already operated 12 such BTS in Siraha and Saptari focused expansion.
Ntc mentions that they have finalized some tenders for the High capacity DWDM equipment and routers. Which is actually for the Mid Hill optical fiber project based on the agreement with NTA. We already posted news regarding Government decision for the scrapping of such optical fiber project. It seems Ntc is unaware of the decision.
Some of the achievement that NTC had done in recent days are:
- First 4G launch in Nepal. Known to expedite work for expansion all over Nepal. Read more here.
- Migration of old landline phones with IP telephony (based on IMS) for 127,740 phones. With which they increased home internet availability. They are still in the process to complete the migration for all phones.
- Expansion of Internet for Earthquake affected regions in 4 districts like Kavrepalanchowk, Sindhupalchowk, Rasuwa, and Nuawakot. The Internet made available in 404 places.
- Migration of all of their services to Convergence billing called CRTB.
The decrement in international voice revenue
The world trend has the popularity of internet-based services due to which revenue from international voice calls is declining. According to PWC (www.strategyand.pwc.com) 2017 telecommunication trends, the international voice call revenues have decreased by 20 percent in the year 2017. They say Ntc and other operators also have witnessed the same trend of nearly 20 percent. Whereas Ntc is working to make up for the revenue loss through various value-added services like CRBT, Namaste Credit, WowTime app, Music Nepal app and more.
NTC also requests several online portals and news media to follow the official statements or documents to confirm the authentic news in their media. They also request to contact their spokesperson or Dy. Spokesperson for any queries to make truthful, balanced and credible news.
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years
- Ntc brings Democracy Day offer: For Martyrs family and Regular Users
- Nepal Telecom applies for a new GSM mobile service license