After months of rumors and leaks, LG officially announced the LG G7 ThinQ. The phone is the successor to last year’s LG G6. It has a new and refreshed design, a display notch, the latest-generation chipset and a new dual camera setup.The new flagship comes with a bunch of new features like the loud speaker, brightest display in LCD segment and more.
The G7 ThinQ features a 6.1 inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 3120 x 1440 (QHD+). The phone has IPS LCD display which is a lot less being used in the flagships and despite the use of IPS panel on the display, it is really bright. With this display, LG G7 ThinQ is the brightest smartphone with the IPS LCD till date.
The LG G7 ThinQ packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, which is a major upgrade from LG G6’s Qualcomm Snapdragon 821. We can expect the G7 ThinQ to be much faster and far more powerful since it’s running on one of the latest chipset. The phone comes with two variants of RAM and the size of RAM are 4GB and 6GB. For the storage, the phone is equipped with 64GB of internal storage and is expandable up to 400GB.
The predecessor G6 had 13MP + 13MP dual rear cameras, while the V30 had 16MP + 13MP rear cameras. Now, both the standard-angle and wide-angle sensors have a 16MP resolution. The standard-angle camera has a 16MP sensor with a 71-degree field-of-view and a f/1.6 aperture. The wide-angle camera has a 16MP sensor with a 107-degree field-of-view and a f/1.9 aperture. The camera setup on the phone sounds pretty astounding.
As far as the battery is concerned, the phone has a 3,000mAh capacity battery. The phone does support QuickCharge 3.0 and wireless charging. The LG G7 ThinQ features 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC and a Boombox Speaker feature with an extra boost of bass.
LG G7 ThinQ Specs
- 6.1 inches IPS LCD Panel, 1440 x 3120 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio @ 564PPI
- Gorilla glass 5 Protection (front and back)
- Android Oreo (v8.0) | Planned to upgrade to And
roid P (v9.0)
- Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 Chipset
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 4 / 6GB RAM
- 64/128 internal storage, Expandable up to 400GB
- Rear Camera:16 MP (f/1.6, OIS) + 16 MP (f/1.9), laser & phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- 8 MP front camera with f/1.9 aperture
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS, 3G, 4G LTE, USB Type C 3.1, USB OTG
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer sensors
- 3000mAh non-removable battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Other Features: 100% DCI-P3 coverage and HDR 10 compliant display,3.5mm Headphone Jack, DTS-X Sound, IP68 Certified (Water and Dust resistant), Fast Charging (QC 3.0), Wireless charging
- New Platinum Gray, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue, Raspberry Rose color variants
Availability and Price
LG G7 ThinQ announced at a special New York City launch event. The release date hasn’t been announced yet by the company. The price hasn’t been fixed and it is rumored to be around 1000$. We will let you know about availability and price in later days.
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats
- Honor 100 Pro With SD 8 Gen 2 SoC Launched Officially
- Earthquake-stricken Jajarkot to Get NTC’s Sample District Treatment
- Honor X9a 5G Price Dropped in Nepal | Winter Offer
- Nepal Telecom starts high-speed fiber internet in Banglachuli