Ntc publishes the achievements in the fiscal year 2074/75, along with its plan for the fiscal year 2075/76. Nepal Telecom (NTC) has got total revenue of 45 billion 565.8 million NRs. That amount is 2.19 % more than that of last FY. The net profit of Ntc for the fiscal year 2074/75 comes at 15 billion 667.5 million Nrs, which is 1.92 % higher than the last FY. Due to the profit, the share value of NTC increases by 1.96 % to Rs 104.45. Here are the Ntc achievements and Ntc plan.
Among the achievements in the Fiscal year 2074/75, here are the highlighted points by Ntc.
- Operation of Convergent Real-time billing system for all NTC services (including the landline phones)
- Migration of around 2 lakhs landline phone to IP telephony based on IMS.
- Commissioning of broadband internet service in 4 Earthquake affected districts, by using Rural Telecommunication Development fund (RTDF) at 747 locations.
- Ntc customer base increased to 1 crore 97 lakhs 47 thousands 4 hundred and 45.
- Ntc Internet users increased to 1 crore 6 lakh 52 thousands four hundred and 29.
- According to NTA MIS, Ntc market share is increased by 2 % to 51 %.
- Highest dividend distributed with the AGM and CBA election held after a long time.
Ntc Plan for the Fiscal year 2075/76
Ntc also puts further their ambitious plan for the fiscal year 2075/76, some of which are already started implementing.
For the Optical fiber expansion project under RTDF in the Mid Hill highway of Province 1,2,3, Ntc announced 5 tenders. The optical fiber will run from Chiyo Bhanjyang, Pachthar to Arughat, Gorkha-Dhading, which spans 2169 km.
ADSS project in Hilly districts will complete 1000 km in the first quarter of FY 2075/76.
Ntc will partner with Nepal Army to lay optical fiber in the Kathmandu Terai fast-track highway. Ntc has also planned to expand Infrastructure in more cities and rural areas in coordination with several Government agencies.
Among the Infrastructures for 10 Million GSM project and upcoming projects, Ntc has started procuring 9 M Rooftop tower (RTT), 20 M to 50 M Ground-based towers (GBT).
Nepal Telecom aims high for FY 2075/76 with
- 4G LTE project,
- WiFi hotspots and
- CCC for handline customer complains.
Ntc plans to increase subscribers in GSM mobile by 59,830 in Postpaid and 25,50,000 in Prepaid. Ntc says they have launched 4G service in main cities but it is only available in Kathmandu and Pokhara ( No any change since the first launch).
They say they will also increase the availability of quality 3G service by adding 3G BTS in more areas.
They also plan to implement the long-awaited 4G LTE service in all of the 7 provinces in this fiscal year 2075/76, with the NTC 4G project.
Ntc plans to increase CDMA telephone lines by 81,602. Ntc once announced not to invest in CDMA but plans to increase the customer in fiscal year 2075/76.
Out of the 10 million GSM project, Ntc will complete the remaining works of 5.2 million lines project in the second quarter of this Fiscal year 2075/76. They are known to add 120 more BTS.
Ntc has planned to distribute 42,262 new PSTN landline phones in this fiscal year. They are planning to migrate 4.5 lakh landline phones to IP based telephony by their TDM migration project. They will gradually migrate all other remaining landline phones to IP based.
For the high demand for data services, Ntc will provide wireless broadband through 4G LTE service. Read more about 4G LTE project here.
For the high-speed data service in cities, Ntc will build 3 lakhs capacity of FTTH network and distribute 1 lakh in this fiscal year.
Ntc will provide hotspot service with broadband internet (512 kbps) from WiMAX in all 77 districts Headquarter and main business centers. Ntc has also announced not to invest in WiMAX before.
For this fiscal year 2075/76, Ntc has assigned a budget of 22 billion investment for all the above works.
Ntc will add more Integrated Maintenance unit (IMU) to improve the maintenance work. They will focus on Preventive corrective maintenance for the quality improvement.
Ntc CCC (Customer Care Center) will operate to handle customer complains through phone, email, SMS and web chat.
With all of the above works, Ntc plans to increase their voice teledensity to 70 percent and their data penetration to 45% in the fiscal year 2075/76. They have speculated their operational revenue to go Nrs 44.25 billion with a 10 % increment.
This comes when Government has asked clarifications from their MD Kamini Rajbhanadari.
- rSIM Tech That Keeps a Backup of a SIM in Your SIM Card
- Samsung One UI 6.1 Brings Galaxy AI to More Galaxy Devices
- US telco AT&T restores network after huge nationwide outage
- Nepal Telecom to provide free WiFi at airports across Nepal
- Xiaomi 14 Ultra Launched: Expected Price in Nepal and Specs
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price