Ntc union blames Government for the setback in the company
Threatens for fresh strike if not taken seriously
Nepal Telecom (Ntc) trade union has called the attention of Government for the difficult situation in the company. They also blamed Government’s carelessness for the setback in the company.
Nepal Telecom Workers Union (NTCWU) has provided an attention letter to the Minister of Communication and Information technology (MOCIT) on Nov 23, 2018. The letter criticizes for creating instability in the company with the absence of Managing director. The MD position of Nepal Telecom (Ntc) is vacant from long time after Government sacked Mrs. Kamini Rajbhandari.
Ntc has already moved ahead with the criteria and TOR for the appointment of MD whereas there is no progress now for the MD appointment process so far. So, the union has asked to free the company from any political interference.
They also accuse the government for the delay in 4G and FTTH project, update of Employees regulations, and Employees growth. Union has also demanded for the board of directors to be independent for the regular functioning of the company.
Union has also urged the Government to act on the issue raised. Otherwise, they threaten to go for strikes if their demands are not taken seriously.
ALSO READ:Ntc union demands of new MD appointment
Please find the submitted letter by the union here. Source.
- Spectrum Auction to move ahead. Who can apply!!!
- NTA selects consultants for cable/wire management
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Announced; Overview, Specifications and Price
- How to make the best use of mobile phone during travel
- SC scraps its own stay order in CG Telecom case
- Smart cell brings easy loan service; Find how to subscribe/enable
- Why Police arrest Pathao and Tootle Riders | Background, legality and Way out