Dish Home, the only satellite-based Digital TV service provider using DTH (Direct to Home) technology has planned to provide internet service to its customers. The leader in the “Pay TV” service has been there for 9 years, providing clear quality TV signals to people’s homes. Dish Home announced its internet service plan in a press meeting at their Bhaisipati office.
They will use their existing Satellite link to provide internet service to their customers. Although the price of such internet service will be a little bit high, Dish home believes that it is feasible to provide internet services in all remote village areas. They will conduct more studies before realizing the internet service bundled with TV. This sort of internet service based on Satellite technology will be very important to build Digital Nepal.
- As it is difficult to get internet from the terrestrial link (like fiber, cable, even radio links) in rural areas, internet-based on Satellite will be idle for such rural areas.
By taking a license in 2009, they started their commercial operation of TV service. Now, this TV service has reached out to 25% of the total current television subscribers in Nepal. They have already sold out 15 lakhs set-top boxes for their TV service.
- Dish Home service is prepaid only with payment of the subscription for some months. So, the actual active subscription might fluctuate due to no recharge or payment of some subscribers.
- They have been providing True HD TV channels to Home.
- They have provided easy payment of the services through digital wallets like Khalti, IME pay e.t.c.
- The number of TV channels in Dish Home is 170.
They have also plan to provide 240 TV channels in the future. They have already paid Taxes of 4.11 billion to the Government since their operation.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats