Dish Home to provide Internet service to subscribers
Dish Home, the only satellite-based Digital TV service provider using DTH (Direct to Home) technology has planned to provide internet service to its customers. The leader in “Pay TV” service has been there for 9 years, providing clear quality TV signal to people’s home. Dish Home announced their internet service plan in a press meeting at their Bhaisipati office.
They will use their existing Satellite link to provide internet service to their customers. Although the price of such internet service will be a little bit high, Dish home believes that it is feasible to provide internet services in all remote village areas. They will conduct more studies before realizing the internet service bundled with TV. This sort of internet service based on Satellite technology will be very important to build Digital Nepal.
- As it is difficult to get internet from the terrestrial link (like fiber, cable, even radio links) in rural areas, internet based on Satellite will be idle for such rural areas.
By taking license in 2009, they started their commercial operation of TV service. Now, this TV service has reached out to 25% of the total current television subscribers in Nepal. They have already sold out 15 lakhs set-top boxes for their TV service.
- Dish Home service is prepaid only with payment of the subscription for some months. So, the actual active subscription might fluctuate due to no recharge or payment of some subscribers.
- They have been providing True HD TV channels to Home.
- They have provided easy payment of the services through digital wallets like Khalti, IME pay e.t.c.
- The number of TV channels in Dish Home is 170.
They have also plan to provide 240 TV channels in the future. They have already paid Taxes of 4.11 billion to the Government since their operation.
- Spectrum Auction to move ahead. Who can apply!!!
- NTA selects consultants for cable/wire management
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Announced; Overview, Specifications and Price
- How to make the best use of mobile phone during travel
- SC scraps its own stay order in CG Telecom case
- Smart cell brings easy loan service; Find how to subscribe/enable
- Why Police arrest Pathao and Tootle Riders | Background, legality and Way out