NTA files petition against Interim order in CG Telecom case
NTA, telecommunication regulator in Nepal has filed a petition at Supreme court to reverse the interim order done in favor of CG Telecom. Last week, Supreme court ordered NTA with an interim order to allow Chaudhary Group’s telco business CG telecom to operate Mobile service.
SC also decided to scrap the spectrum auction to provide the required spectrum to CG telecom. With that SC order, NTA moves to Apex court to register a petition against it. They claim the interim order was not based on legal issues and facts. NTA also argues the order came without any opportunity to clarify for the issue.
The decision earlier put CG Telecom into excitement and they expressed to launch 4G mobile service in 2019. Pushpa Kamal Dahal led Government had decided to provide basic telephony license to CG Telecom back in Jestha 14, 2074. But NTA invited telcos for the auction of residual spectrum in 900/1800/2100 MHz band on Poush 4, 2075.
Then CG telecom went to Supreme Court against the frequency auction, which hinders them from getting frequency spectrum. Without frequency spectrum, No telecom operator can start any of the mobile service operation (2G, 3G, 4G). On the basis of that, CG telecom could get the interim order, allowing them to start the mobile service. We could also feel the equal excitement in people especially of remote areas for the new telco if this could fulfill their demand for good telecom service in their place.
Now with the petition, it is not known whether this will put the CG telecom service on hold or the order will continue.
- Spectrum Auction to move ahead. Who can apply!!!
- NTA selects consultants for cable/wire management
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Announced; Overview, Specifications and Price
- How to make the best use of mobile phone during travel
- SC scraps its own stay order in CG Telecom case
- Smart cell brings easy loan service; Find how to subscribe/enable
- Why Police arrest Pathao and Tootle Riders | Background, legality and Way out