The government has continued its efforts to shut down Analog cable Television (TV) in the whole of the country. On Chaitra 5, 2075, Government raided two cable TV in Sunsari District for possible analog TV broadcast. Where one of them is still found to use Analog TV broadcasting, so they confiscated the equipment.
As per National Broadcasting regulation, 2052, all the Analog TV broadcast shall migrate to Digital means. Government (Ministry of Communication and Information technology) has published the information on Falgun 6, 2075 in Gorkhapatra daily to shut down the Analog TV broadcasting. There, they also warned to confiscate the analog equipment if found operating, before taking legal action.
Ministry performed the field inspection on Chaitra 5, 2075 in two cable stations of Sunsari district. Those cable service providers are Dharan Cable TV Network Pvt. Ltd. and Pashupati Cable Network Pvt. Ltd. Out of them, they found Dharan Cable to use analog TV broadcasting. So, they confiscated the analog equipment and initiate the legal action to the company.
Before, Government had shutdown Analog Cable TV in Kathmandu and other major cities. That time also, they performed the field inspection of the local cable TV stations. Now they are putting their efforts to discontinue Analog TV in the whole of Nepal.
With the Digital TV, Government will have more revenues out of the tax for Digital broadcasting subscription. Currently, if a house has multiple connections from an Analog connection, they were paying from a single subscription. But if the connectivity goes digital, each TV connection requires a separate subscription. Which would ultimately increase the revenues for the cable TV operators and the Government.
The digital TV broadcast also has advantages to the customer itself in terms of better TV experience, value addition and the choice of TV channels. Different type of subscription for TV package bundle with or without HD channels plus Catch up TV would benefit subscribers. Other features are:
- Improved picture & sound quality.
- Value addition with distant learning, video chat, games etc.
- HD to 4K TV broadcasting.
- Easy payment from digital wallets.
As the Government has beefed up this effort, the Analog TV shutdown in Nepal will happen very soon.
ALSO READ: Top video Streaming apps in Nepal
Tell us what do you think of this Analog TV shutdown.
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs
- Case Filed Against NTC MD, Government Secretary in National Payment Gateway Corruption
- realme C51 With 33W SUPERVOOC Charge Launching Soon in Nepal
- Classic Tech Dashain Tihar Offer 2080: Internet and Smart TVs at an Unmatched Price, Free 5G Router
- iPhone 15 overheating is due to third-party app updates and a bug in iOS 17, not the titanium design- Apple
- Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max ranks second in DxOMark camera test
- Smartphone market low ahead of Dashain, no effect of holiday season!