On March 24, 2019, Sparrow SMS, the leading SMS service provider in Nepal turns nine. Over this period, the SMS service provider has served over 15 million users with its SMS services.
Janaki Technology initiated the Sparrow SMS in 2010, with an aim to provide easy access to information to Nepalese through mobile messaging service called SMS. That time, the internet access was a very big thing and was out of reach to the majority of the population. After the proliferation of mobile phones, SMS/text messaging had begun to use as a tool for accessing important information.
Since then, Sparrow SMS became a house hold name for the SMS service. Whenever you ask for a service to send messages to Group, people suggest Sparrow SMS.
ALSO READ: How to send free SMS by Ntc, Ncell?
Coming this far, Sparrow SMS has grown as the market leader in mobile messaging, and provides SMS services to various government organizations, local level governments, and some of the most well-known brands in Nepal.
Service by Sparrow SMS
Currently, Sparrow SMS provides daily crucial information and alerts to the public via SMS in Nepal. Some of its crucial services are
- National Exam Results,
- Safe Migration Labor Permit Status,
- Election Updates,
- Human Trafficking Vulnerability SMS Reporting,
- SMS Based Disaster Response Management System,
- Blood Donors search,
- SMS Based Livestock Management & Reporting System,
- Health Report,
- Agro-Market Info, etc.
In the devastating earthquake of 2015, Sparrow SMS team came up with an online app portal through which people could offer and ask for help via SMS, which could be mapped in Google Map. With this mapped information, volunteers could dispatch relief distribution programs accordingly.
Sparrow SMS has been providing SMS service to over 1800 organizations including government institutions, I/NGOs, banks, and financial institutions, schools and colleges among others. Furthermore, the company is serving over 250 municipalities and rural municipalities across Nepal with its SMS service.
Recently, the company facilitated the Department of Transport Management (DoTM) to provide license exam result and smart card print status of service seekers across Nepal via SMS.
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years
- Ntc brings Democracy Day offer: For Martyrs family and Regular Users
- Nepal Telecom applies for a new GSM mobile service license