After the huge success of the Redmi 7 series, Mi Nepal launches the most awaited Redmi 8 series phones in Nepal. Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A are available in Nepal with a price tag of Rs 16,499 for 4GB/64GB and Rs 12,999 for 3GB/32GB respectively.
Nokia recently launched Nokia 7.2 on Sastodeal at very competitive pricing and Xiaomi is now ready with Redmi 8 and 8A to challenge it. As mentioned above, the phones come at very competitive pricing, so the device is becoming popular for the upper affordable phone requirement. Redmi 8A Dual is also now available in Nepal at even competitive pricing.
Redmi 8 Overview
Xiaomi Redmi 8 packs a 6.22-inch IPS LCD display (720 x 1520 pixels) and has a pixel density of 270 PPI. The phone measures 156.5 x 75.4 x 9.4 mm (6.16 x 2.97 x 0.37 in) and weighs 188 grams and has a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. There is support for Dual SIM with dual sim standby and also the body of the phone is splash resistant.
Powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor, Redmi 8 is coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. Sadly, there is no upgrade in the processor in this new Redmi 8 from its predecessor Redmi 7 and we can see the downgrade here from SD 632. The storage can be expanded up to 512GB by using a memory card. The handset runs on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie.
Read about: Poco X2 phone.
When it comes to the camera, Redmi 8 packs a dual-camera at the back with 12-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.8 aperture and 2-MP depth sensor. For the selfies, there is an 8MP sensor at the front.
The most impressive feature of this device is its battery. The handset packs 5,000mAh Li-Po battery, which is pretty good to serve for a day with moderate to high usage. For the connectivity, the device includes Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v4.20, USB Type-C, FM radio, 3G, and 4G with active 4G on both SIM cards. There is a fingerprint sensor at the back and even supports face unlock.
Technical Specifications of Redmi 8
- Display: 6.22-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Chipset: Snapdragon 439
- CPU: Octa-Core (4 X 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + 4X 1.45GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Adreno 505 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD (dedicated)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Rear Camera: 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, Dual PD autofocus, secondary 2MP depth camera
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- Security: Fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Battery: 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging (10W charger inside the box)
- Colors: Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Onyx Black
Redmi 8A Overview
Redmi 8A is every cheaper variant of the Redmi 8 device. The phone looks almost similar to Realme C2 with its Grip design. The handset comes with a 6.22” HD+ IPS LCD display which boasts the resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels and 19:9 aspect ratio. The large bezels on the top from Redmi 7A have been replaced with waterdrop notch which Xiaomi named as Dot Notch Display. The chin at the bottom is still there with Redmi branding. This device even has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and is Splash-proof which means accidental fall in the water makes no harm to this device.
As the device is not available in stock, find the Redmi 8A dual phone in Nepal along with 3GB RAM and 64GB storage variant.
This Redmi 8A also has the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 chipset. This is an octa-core processor with the clock speeds up to 2.0 GHz and has Adreno 505 GPU. There are two variants of the device on the basis of storage and RAM – 32GB internal and 2GB of RAM and 32GB internal memory and 3GB of RAM. This device also supports SD card up to 512GB.
There is a large 5,000mAh battery in Redmi 8A with the support of 18W Fast Charge. Being an entry-level phone, it has a Type-C port as a good feature but lacks a fingerprint sensor.
Technical Specifications of Redmi 8A
- Display: 6.22” HD+ IPS LCD display, 720 x 1520 resolution pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 439, up to 2.0 GHz
- CPU: Octa-core (2×1.95 GHz Cortex-A53 & 6×1.45 GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Memory: 32GB 2GB RAM, 32GB 3GB RAM
- Rear Camera: 12MP AI Primary Camera Sony IMX363 sensor, AI Portrait, AI Scene Detection
- Front Camera: 8MP AI Selfie Camera, AI Face Unlock, AI Selfie Portrait Mode
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 18W Fast Charge, Type-C port
- Colors: Midnight Black, Ocean Blue, Sunset Red
- Price in Nepal: Rs.11,999(Expected for 2/32GB Variant)
Price And Availability in Nepal
Both the Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A are now available to buy in Nepal. The official price of Xiaomi Redmi 8 comes at Rs 16,499 for 4GB/64GB. Similarly, the price of Redmi 8A in Nepal for a 3GB/32GB variant is Rs 12,999. With that price, we can say the phone has launched at an extremely competitive price tag. Find the other best phones that are priced under Rs 15000 in Nepal.
More price details of the Redmi 8 phones for both the latest prices in India and Nepal are below.
- 4GB/64GB Redmi 8: IRs 7999, NRs 16,499
- 3GB/32GB, Redmi 8A: IRs 7550, NRs 12,999; Find Redmi 8A dual information as Redmi 8A is not in stock now.
- 2GB/32GB, Redmi 8A: IRs 6500, NRs 11,999
Will you buy the Redmi 8 when Redmi 9 is already launched in Nepal at Rs 16,999.
Xiaomi Redmi 8 is available in three color variants of Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, and Onyx Black whereas Redmi 8 A is also available in three color variants of Midnight Black, Ocean Blue, Sunset Red. These devices aim to compete with Samsung Galaxy A20, Galaxy A10s, Huawei Y6 Pro 2019, and more.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats