Entry-level smartphones have a huge user base who are always looking for budget devices with optimum features. Just a few years ago, smartphone makers used to offer multiple choices for budget categories under 15K. Now, mid-range & upper mid-range smartphones have stolen the limelight. Still, today we are comparing the two budget offerings from rival companies; Redmi 9A vs Samsung Galaxy A03 Core.
Redmi 9A vs Samsung Galaxy A03 Core Display
Regarding display, Redmi 9A features a 6.53 inches IPS LCD with a screen resolution of 720×1600 pixels (HD+). The maximum brightness is 400 nits & PPI is 269. The screen design is of a teardrop notch design with bezels on the bottom. Meanwhile, Samsung A03 Core boasts a TFT 6.5 inches panel with 720×1600 pixels (HD+) resolution. The design language is the same with a teardrop design on screen. The PPI is 270 for the Samsung A03 Core.
Redmi 9A takes the lead here with a superior IPS LCD panel over not so impressive TFT LCD display of the Samsung A03 core. IPS panels are better with colors and viewing angles.
Redmi 9A vs Samsung Galaxy A03 Core Design & Build Quality
Both of the devices are made out of plastic. This is a common definition of build material in this price range. Redmi 9A is 9.00mm thick while Galaxy A03 Core is 9.10 mm. The difference here is very minimal. The 9A is also lighter with 196 grams while the A03 core weighs 211 grams.
The build quality is the same for both devices. The design language is different on the backside but it matters on personal preference which one to choose.
Redmi 9A vs Samsung Galaxy A03 Core Camera
Even for a budget device, optics do matter. Here, the Redmi 9A has a 13MP f/2.2 aperture camera while the Samsung A03 Core has an 8.0MP f/2.0 one. Resolution-wise, Redmi takes the edge over Samsung. Also, Redmi 9A has Phase Detection Autofocus whereas Samsung has settled with Autofocus only on the A03 Core.
The actual camera quality shouldn’t be of a drastic difference though. The front camera on both of the phones is 5MP resolution. Also, Redmi can do 60 fps 1080p videos from the back camera while Samsung is capped only at 30fps. So, the point goes for Redmi 9A here.
Redmi 9A vs Samsung Galaxy A03 Core Processor
The heart of a device is its chipset. A good chipset determines the performance, battery life & overall experience for the user. Redmi 9A has a relatively powerful Mediatek Helio G25 (12nm) chipset than Samsung Galaxy A03 Core’s Unisoc SC9863A (28nm). The 28nm chipset is heavier on the battery side for Samsung. Honestly, A03 Core could have adopted a better chipset.
Redmi 9A has got 25% higher CPU clock speed too (2000 vs 1600 MHz). The performance difference is not that high but it is sure, Unisoc will consume more battery than Helio G25. The PowerVR GE8320 GPU is also better on Redmi than IMG8322 GPU on Samsung here. Being entry-level phones, only light gaming is possible. Still, Redmi 9A shall perform better.
Software & UI
Redmi 9A runs on Android 10 on top of Xiaomi’s MIUI 12 skin. Meanwhile, Samsung Galaxy A03 Core features Android 11 Go Edition. Software-wise, the stock android experience with Android Go can be a better deal. Android Go has its dedicated light apps designed & built for it. On the other hand, MIUI is rich in customizations & extra features. Android Go is a plain software experience while MIUI 12 adds in more colors & customization. This is a matter of personal choice and preference.
Both 9A & A03 Core consist of a Micro USB Port & single speaker at the bottom. There is a dedicated microSD slot with space for dual sims too. The A03 Core can expand up to 1TB microSD storage whilst the 9A can go up to 512 GB. For storage, eMMC 5.1 is there on both devices. The battery capacity is also the same, 5000 mAh for 9A & A03 Core. And, both are-enabled able phones are too.
Check out: Redmi 9A Sport Price in Nepal
Pricing & Availability
The budget offering, Redmi 9A made its way in August 2020 while Samsung Galaxy A03 Core arrived in January 2022. The A03 Core is available only at a 2/32GB variant and costs Rs.11,999 in Nepal. Whereas the Redmi 9A is available in two variants; 2/32GB for Rs.12,999 & 3/32GB for Rs.13,999 in Nepal.
|Products||Price in Nepal|
|Redmi 9A||Rs.12,999 (2/32GB)|
|Samsung Galaxy A03 Core||Rs.11,999 (2/32GB)|
Redmi 9A Specifications
- Dimension: 164.9 x 77 x 9 mm
- Weight: 194 gm
- Display: 6.53-inch HD+ dot drop display with a 1600×720 pixels resolution, 20:9, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio G25 chipset
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Imagination PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 2GB RAM along with the internal storage of 32GB that can be expanded up to 512GB via a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
- Software: MIUI 12 based Android 10 OS
- Rear Camera: 13 MP Single Rear Camera, LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 5MP Selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: Massive 5,000mAh battery with 10W charging
- Colors: Blue, Black, and green
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Vibration motor, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity sensor, AI Face Unlock
- Connectivity: 4G, VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ Glonass / Beidou, 3.5mm headphone jack, MicroUSB port, and dedicated microSD card slot
- Price In Nepal: Rs.12,999 (2/32GB), Rs.13,999 (3/32GB)
Samsung Galaxy A03 Core Specifications
- Dimension: 164.2 x 75.9 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 211 gm
- Display: a 6.5 inches（16.55cm）HD+ PLS TFT LCD display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 81.8% screen-to-body ratio, 270 PPI density
- Processor: Unisoc SC9863A Chipset; 28 nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×1.2 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: IMG8322
- RAM: 2GB of RAM
- Memory: 32GB of internal storage; expandable up to 1TB via a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
- Software: Android 11 Go Edition
- Rear Camera: Single Camera Setup 8 MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Rear Video: up to 1080P@30 fps
- Front Camera: 5 MP selfie snapper, f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 5,000mAh battery along with the support for 10W Charging
- Colors: Blue, and Black.
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Light Sensor
- Network: 4G
- 4G Bands: b1, b3, b5, b7, b8, b20, b28, b38, b40, b41
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, MicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go, loudspeaker, a 3.5mm headphone, etc.
- Price In Nepal: Rs. 11,999 (2GB/32GB
Redmi 9A & Samsung Galaxy A03 Core both offer impressive specs for under 15k price points. For the software, I reckon Android Go shall provide a smoother UI experience on the A03 Core. It is also is 1000 rupees cheaper than the 9A. If your budget is super tight, you can buy the A03 core. But for slightly better performance and camera, paying 1000 rupees more is a better choice with Redmi 9A. The Helio G25 (12nm) is better than Unisoc SC9863A (28nm) on battery consumption & GPU performance.
So, which do you think is the better device between Redmi 9A & Samsung Galaxy A03 Core? Which one would you prefer & suggest buying? Do write us in the comment section below.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats