Apple is the top smartphone brand in the third quarter (Q3), 2022 globally even though the market continues to be underwhelming. As per the Counterpoint research report, the US brand took its pole position leaving behind its forever competitor Samsung, and other Chinese brands.
Apple’s strong market performance comes due to its hit iPhone 14 Series. The Cupertino-based tech firm launched its latest iPhone 14 series back in mid-September. The latest flagship devices consist of iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Apple leading smartphone business in Q3 2022 at the top amidst a market slump
Apple is leading the smartphone market even though the market has not remained as encouraging. The smartphone business has dropped by 3 percent year-on-year. However, phones’ average selling price has increased by 10 percent helping companies such as Apple to continue to reap earnings.
In July, and September, iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max registered strong sales. iPhone 14 Plus didn’t hit the commercial market until October 2022.
On the other hand, 46 percent of phone sales have taken place in the third quarter of 2022.
In Q3, 2022, Apple boasted a 42 percent global smartphone share grabbing the lead. Previously, the company only had a 37.1 percent share.
Second, Samsung follows with an 18.3 percent market share. Chinese smartphone OEMs Xiaomi and Oppo occupy third and fourth positions with 8.3 percent and 6 percent market share respectively. Another Chinese phone brand Vivo stands fifth with a 5 percent market share.
|Top smartphone brand Q3, 2022||Market share|
Do you own a phone from any brands mentioned above? Do share how it performs for you in the comments below.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats