Nepal’s largest digital wallet eSewa has launched “eSpeaker”, an audio device speaker that helps with the confirmation for QR payment. The Kathmandu-based mobile payment giant launched the innovative service at an event held on October 18, Wednesday in Lalitpur.
An emerging trend in Nepali’s fintech at present, the eSpeaker device issues audio to signal successful QR transactions. As per the company, the device is available for both individual as well as corporate users.
By default, smartphone users need an SMS or a notification to confirm a QR payment. However, there are cases when poor mobile networks and delays in message arrival subdue the convenience of digital payment. eSewa brought the speaker audio device to eliminate common shortcomings and help with instant payment confirmation. This is beneficial to both users and merchants as the transaction gets verified within seconds.
“While paying through QR, both merchants and customers can run into trouble during payment confirmation due to delayed SMS,” the company said in a statement, “eSpeaker sends an audio notification to the device as soon as payment is made through QR. And the device informs that the payment is successful.”
This rids users merchants or users of having to make any effort to prove payment confirmation from their side.
IT firm Yarsa Tech built eSewa’s audio device. In recent months, various banks and financial institutions, digital wallets, and IT companies have launched their own version of QR payment devices.
How to get an eSewa speaker QR audio confirmation device? How much does it cost?
Merchants can buy eSewa speaker devices by following a simple set of methods below:
- Visit the eSewa webpage or launch the eSewa mobile app.
- Go to New Services and select Speaker Request.
- Fill out the form and you can get the device anywhere in Nepal.
Merchants can get the device on either a monthly installment payment basis or pay the total amount. At the moment, merchants need to pay the whole amount to get the device. eSewa says that it will soon allow merchants to buy the device in monthly rentals. The device costs Rs 4000 on the total amount payment however, it comes for Rs 3600 in the Dashain offer. Likewise, the device comes with a 12-month warranty. The device can work on both GSM and WiFi connections.
|eSewa QR audio payment device||Cost|
|Original price||Rs 4,000|
|In discount||Rs 3,600|
eSewa’s eSpeaker device is available for pre-order from Kartik 1 and merchants will get the device after Chhath.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats