Motorola has officially launched the new Motorola Edge (2022) globally. The smartphone boasts various amazing specs like a 144Hz refresh rate, Dimensity 1050 chipset, 50 MP Triple Camera, 30W fast charging, and more. So, without any further ado, let’s have a detailed discussion about the specs, features, availability, and Motorola Edge (2022) price in Nepal.
- 6.6 inches HD+ OLED Display
- MediaTek Dimensity 1050 SoC
- 50 MP Triple Camera
- 5000mAh Battery
Motorola Edge (2022) Overview
Design & Display
Starting off with the design of the Motorola Edge (2022), it has a similar design to that of other Motorola phones. It has a power button and volume rockers on the right-hand side of the phone. The smartphone has dimensions of 160.86 x 74.24 x 7.99 mm in dimensions and weighs only 170 grams. It also has IP52 water protection. The device arrives in a single color option of Mineral Gray.
Motorola Edge (2022) features a large 6.6 inches Full HD+ OLED display panel along with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and a high refresh rate of up to 144 Hz. It also comes with the support of a 20:9 aspect ratio, 91.32 % screen-to-body ratio, 1B colors, HDR10+ support, a 10-bit DCI-P3 color gamut, and 399 PPI density, etc. As for biometrics, there is an under-display fingerprint scanner and a Face Unlock.
Under the hood, the smartphone is powered by the latest & powerful MediaTek Dimensity 1050 chipset. It is the world’s first phone to be equipped with the Dimenity 1050 processor. It is an octa-core processor based on a 6 nm manufacturing process that clocks a maximum of up to 2.5 GHz. The graphics of the phone is handled by the Mali-G610 GPU. In terms of memory configuration, it is attached with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage onboard. Sadly there’s no external MicroSD card slot for memory expansion. But the Motorola offers a free 100GB of Google One storage for a whole year.
While on the software front, it is running on Android 12 OS with My UX. The device features a Drawin Engine for a smoother gaming experience for users.
As for the photography of the smartphone, the Moto Edge (2022) sports a triple camera setup at the rear. The device is led by a 50 MP primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, OIS support & Omni PDAF. It is further accompanied by the 13 MP ultrawide angle lens with f/1.5 aperture 120-degree FOV which also doubles up as a macro camera, and a 2 MP depth lens with f/2.4 aperture.
Whereas on the front, the smartphone houses a 32 MP selfie camera with an f/2.5 aperture for capturing selfies and videos. On the videography aspect, the rear camera is capable of recording videos at 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, and gyro-EIS. Likewise, the front camera is capable of recording videos up to 1080p@30fps.
Battery And Connectivity
Coming to the durability of the Motorola Edge (2022), the smartphone gets its juices from a massive 5,000mAh non-removable battery. It comes with a support for 30 W fast charging technology. The gadget also has 15 W Wireless charging support. The phone charges via a USB Type-C port.
As for the connectivity options, Moto X30 Pro comes with a 5G network, SIM (Nano-SIM, e-sim), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2.4 GHz | 5 GHz | 6Hz Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, GLONASS, Galileo, NFC, a USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go, Dolby Atmos, Loudspeaker with stereo speakers, etc. It is the first to support mmWave 5G and Sub-6GHz 5G bands and delivers up to 53 percent faster 5G experience to users.
Motorola Edge (2022) Technical Specifications
- Dimension: 160.86 x 74.24 x 7.99 mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- Display: 6.6 inches Full HD+ OLED Display panel, 144 Hz refresh rate, 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution, a 20:9 aspect ratio, 91.32 % screen-to-body ratio, 1B colors, HDR10+ support, a 10-bit DCI-P3 color gamut, 399 PPI density
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 1050 SoC; 6 nm mobile platform
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.5 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Arm Mali-G610 MC3 Graphics
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Memory: 256GB Internal storage; no external card slot
- Software: Android 12 OS with My UX
- Rear Camera: Triple Camera Setup
- 50 MP Primary camera, f/1.8 aperture, 1/1.55″, 1.0µm, multi-directional PDAF, OIS
- 13 MP Ultra Wide angle camera, f/1.5 aperture, 120˚ FOV, 1.12µm
- 2 MP depth camera, f/2.4 aperture
- LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Rear Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 32 MP Selfie camera, f/2.5 aperture
- Front Video: 1080p@30fps
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 5,000mAh battery, 30 W fast charging technology support, 15 W fast wireless charging, 5 W reverse charging
- Colors: Mineral Gray.
- Security: Fingerprint (under display, optical) and Face Unlock (Software-based)
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, SAR Sensor, Magnetometer (compass), Barometer
- Network: 5G
- Connectivity: SIM (Nano-SIM, e-sim), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2.4 GHz | 5 GHz | 6Hz Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, GLONASS, Galileo, NFC, a USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go, Dolby Atmos, Loudspeaker with stereo speakers, etc.
- Motorola Edge (2022) Price In Nepal (Expected): Rs. 70,999 (8/256GB)
Motorola Edge (2022) Price in Nepal And Availability
The Moto Edge (2022) price in Nepal is expected to be around Rs. 70,999 for the 8/256GB variant. The smartphone is available in a single Mineral Gray color variant. The phone is priced at 499 USD for the 8/256GB variant in the US.
|Smartphone Model||Price in the US (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Motorola Edge (2022) (8/256GB)||$ 499||Rs. 70,999|
So, What are your thoughts about this new smartphone? Are you satisfied with the specs of the device? Do share your views in the comment section below.
Don’t forget to check out the Motorola Mobile Price in Nepal.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats