Oppo has finally introduced a new mid-range smartphone dubbed as Oppo A31 in Nepal. The brand launched Oppo A31 alongside Oppo A52 from the A-series family. They are the first smartphones to be launched in Nepal after this lockdown situation. Oppo A31 is priced at Rs. 26,590 in Nepal.
Oppo A31 Overview
Oppo A31 is another budget smartphone from the brand’s A-series. The smartphone arrives with HD+ display, AI Triple Camera, and Mediatek Helio P35 Chipset. Now, let’s know more in detail about the specs and features of Oppo A31 below.
Talking about the design of the phone it arrives with a beautiful design & is similar to any midrange smartphone available in the market. Its 3D aesthetic design is unique to other phones. It is just 8.3mm thin & weighs 180gm that exudes a sense of premium-ness through every inch.
Oppo A31 sports a 6.5-inch IPS LCD HD+ display with teardrop notch along with 1600 × 720 pixels resolutions. It comes with an aspect ratio of 20:9, screen-body-ratio of 89 percent, and has a screen brightness of up to 480 nits. It also has a rear side-mounted fingerprint sensor and Gorilla Glass 3 for protection.
We all know that Oppo is all about its optics, so Oppo A31 comes with impressive optical features. Oppo A31 consists of an Ai triple rear camera setup that includes a 12MP primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture, and a 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
At the front, Oppo A31 comes with an 8MP selfie camera with a f/2.0 aperture. Both the cameras support a video recording feature of up to 1080P@30fps,720P@30fps. It arrives with camera features such as Photo, video, professional mode, panorama, portrait, time-lapse photography, etc.
Oppo A31 Performance
Under the hood, Oppo A31 is fueled by the old 2.3GHz Octa-Core Mediatek Helio P35 Chipset that also powered the likes of Vivo Y30 & Oppo A5s. To be honest, I am disappointed by Oppo, they should have used a better chipset. It is coupled with the 4GB of RAM along with 128GB of internal storage. If you think storage is not enough for you, you can expand the storage up to 256GB using a MicroSD card slot. On the software front, the device runs on ColorOS 6.1.2 based Android 9 Pie.
Battery And Others
Oppo A31 comes backed up by an impressive 4,230mAh battery along with support for 10W charging. But it lacks a fast charging technology. Oppo claims that it can last up to 14 hours of video streaming, up to 7 hours of online gaming, and up to 111 hours of audio playback.
Talking about the connectivity of the device, it features dual SIM support, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, MicroUSB, USB OTG, and 3.5mm audio jack.
OPPO A31 Specifications
- Dimension: 63.9 x 75.5 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 180 gm
- Display: a 6.5-inch IPS LCD panel Full HD+ display with a 2400×1080 pixels resolution
- Processor: Mediatek Helio P35 Chipset
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 4GB RAM along with the storage options of 128GB that can be expanded up to 256GB via a MicroSD card slot.
- Software: ColorOS 6.1.2 based Android 9 Pie.
- Rear Camera: Triple AI Camera Setup
- 12MP, f/1.8
- 2MP Macro Sensor,f/2.4
- 2MP Depth sensor,f/2.4
- Front Camera: 8MP selfie snapper with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 4,230mAh battery with 10W charging
- Colours: Mystery Black, and Fantasy White.
- Sensor: Magnetic induction sensor, Light sensor, Proximity Sensor, G-sensor/Acceleration sensor, Gyroscope, Pedometer
- Connectivity: dual SIM support, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, microUSB, USB OTG,and 3.5mm audio jack.
- Price In Nepal: Rs. 26,590
Oppo A31 Price And Availability
Oppo A31 is priced at Rs. 26,590 in Nepal and is available for purchase in all the official mobile stores in Nepal. The smartphone is available in two different color variants such as Mystery Black, and Fantasy White.
To be honest, Oppo A31 is not up to the mark with its contemporaries in the same segment. The smartphone is ridiculously priced high in Nepal. It will be competing with the likes of Samsung A21s, Redmi Note 9, Realme 6i, etc.
I would like to recommend you to go for other smartphones like Samsung A21s instead of Oppo A31. Even Oppo A52 will be the best option as it is priced only a bit high & comes with better specs. It will be very tough for the smartphone to survive in the Nepalese Tech market.
So, what are your thoughts about this mid-range smartphone? Are you satisfied with the specs & price of Oppo A31? Let us know in the comment section.
Also, don’t forget to have a look at the price of Oppo mobile phones in Nepal.
- Internet price war is a risk to ISPs’ investment- NTA Chair Bhandari
- MediaTek Helio G91 launched for budget smartphones
- Ncell, e& international to deliver superior digital services
- Vianet wins ‘Broadband Telecom Company of the Year’ in the Asian Telecom Awards 2024
- eSewa launches cross-border payment enabling Indian citizens to pay in Nepal: Find steps
- Khalti QR lets Indian tourists make payments in Nepal, How?
- Xiaomi 14 Launching Soon in Nepal | Find Price and Specs