Okay, we have yet again arrived with the new battle of smartphones. This time we have come with the popular mid-range smartphones, the Redmi 10 Prime vs the Realme 8i. Here, comes the comparison of two of the best smartphones under 30K in Nepal. So, here we have made the ultimate comparison between the two phones, “Redmi 10 Prime Vs Realme 8i”. Let’s see which of the smartphones will come out on top?
Redmi 10 Prime Vs Realme 8i
Redmi 10 Prime Technical Specifications
- Dimension: 161.2 x 75.6 x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 192 gm
- Display: a 6.5 inches Full HD+ IPS LCD display, screen resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, 90Hz Adaptive Refresh Rate, switches between 45Hz, 60Hz, 90HZ, a 20:9 aspect ratio, 83.7% screen-to-body ratio, 405 PPI pixel density, 1500:1 Contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G88 chipset; 12 nm mobile platform
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- RAM: 4/6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Memory: Internal storage options of 64GB / 128GB; expandable up to 512GB Via Dedicated microSD card slot
- Software: MIUI 12.5 on top of Android 11
- Rear Camera: Quad Camera Setup
- 50 MP primary camera, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF
- 8 MP Ultra wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture, FOV 120°
- 2 MP macro sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
- 2 MP depth sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
- LED Flash, HDR
- Rear Video: up to 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 8 MP In-Display Selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12 μm
- Front Video: up to 1080p@30fps
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Polymer 6,000mAh battery with 18 W fast charging support, Reverse charging 9W.
- Colors: Phantom Black, Bifrost Blue, and Astral White.
- Sensor: Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Electronic compass, IR blaster
- Security: Fingerprint scanner (Side-mounted)
- Network: 4G
- 4G Bands: n1, n3, n5, n8, n40, n41
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, USB Type-C 2.0, FM radio, stereo speakers, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Redmi 10 Prime Price In Nepal: Rs. 20,999 (4GB/64GB) | Rs. 23,999 (6GB/128GB)
Realme 8i Technical Specifications
- Dimension: 164.1 x 75.5 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 194 gm
- Display: a 6.6-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD Display, 120HZ refresh rate, 180Hz Touch Sampling Rate, screen resolution of 1080 x 2412 pixels, 600 nits peak screen brightness, 20:9 aspect ratio, 90.8% screen-to-body ratio, 401 PPI density
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G96 chipset; 12 nm mobile platform
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- RAM: 4GB/6GB LPDDR4X (expandable up to 5GB)
- Memory: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage; expandable up to 1TB Via Dedicated microSD card slot
- Software: Realme UI 2.0 based Android 11 OS.
- Rear Camera: Triple Camera Setup
- 50 MP primary camera, f/1.8 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF
- 2 MP macro sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- 2 MP B&W lens, f/2.4 aperture
- LED flash
- Rear Video: up to 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 16 MP In-display Selfie camera, f/2.05 aperture, 5P lens
- Front Video: 1080p@30fps
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Polymer 5,000mAh battery with 18W Flash charging support.
- Colors: Space Black and Space Purple.
- Sensor: Proximity Sensor, Light sensor, Magnetic induction sensor, Acceleration sensor, And Gyro-meter sensor
- Security: Fingerprint scanner (Side-mounted)
- Network: 4G
- Bands: n1, n3, n5, n8, n38, n40, n41
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, FM radio, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go, loudspeaker, a 3.5mm headphone jack, etc.
- Realme 8i Price In Nepal: Rs. 23,799 (4GB/64GB) | Rs. 27,199 (6GB/128GB)
Okay, a question for the users. Who does not get whooped for the gorgeous and beautiful design of a smartphone? I surely do. It is the first thing you notice on a phone.
Redmi 10 Prime comes with a beautiful and stylish design. It is very similar to its older siblings. The phone brings a new Evol design same as on Redmi Note 10 Series. It comes with a thickness of 9.6 and weighs only 192 gm. On the other hand, Realme 8i gets its inspiration from the older Realme 8 series. The smartphone has a glossy gradient back panel with a triple camera setup at the rear. Both of these phones have a plastic unibody construction. Similarly, both of the devices also feature a punch-hole cutout at the front that houses a selfie camera.
But don’t get it wrong, both of the phones have the ability to woo you with their gorgeous design.
Likewise, both smartphones drive with spectacular displays. The Redmi 10 Prime features a large 6.5 inches Full HD+ IPS LCD display panel with a screen resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels. Whereas, the Realme 8i comes with a slightly bigger 6.6 inches display panel with the same screen resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels. But there is a noticeable difference between the phones, i.e the refresh rate. Realme 8i boasts a high 120Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate. Whereas Redmi 10 Prime has a 90Hz Adaptive Refresh Rate that automatically switches between 45Hz, 60Hz, and 90Hz, depending on the content on your screen.
Redmi 10 Prime comes with a 20:9 aspect ratio, 405 PPI pixel density, 1500:1 Contrast ratio, etc. On the other hand, Realme 8i features a 20:9 aspect ratio, 90.8% screen-to-body ratio, 600 nits peak screen brightness, and 401 PPI density. Redmi 10 Prime is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 while Realme 8i comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection. As for biometrics, both smartphones feature a Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner.
|Display and Design||Redmi 10 Prime||Realme 8i|
|Display Size||a 6.5 inches FULL HD+ Display||a 6.6 Inches FULL HD+ Display|
|Display Technology||IPS LCD||IPS LCD|
|Display Resolution||1080 x 2400 pixels||1080 x 2400 pixels|
|Display Refresh Rate||90 Hz||120 Hz|
|Design-Build||Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic frame, plastic back,||Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic back, plastic frame, IP53, dust and splash protection|
|Color Finishes||Phantom Black, Bifrost Blue, and Astral White||Space Black and Space Purple|
Do Check out: Android Vs iPhone: Which One Is Better For You?
Coming to the photography of the smartphones, both the smartphones arrive with attractive camera features.
Redmi 10 Prime comes with a quad rear camera setup with a vertical rectangular camera module. It consists of a 50 MP primary camera with an f/1.8 aperture, an 8 MP Ultra-wide angle camera with 120° Field Of View (FOV), and an f/2.2 aperture, a 2 MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, and a 2 MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
On the other hand, Realme 8i sports a triple camera setup at the rear. The phone includes a 50 MP f/1.8 main sensor, a 2 MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, and a 2 MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
As for videography features, Redmi 10 Prime records videos at up to 1080p/720p@30fps whereas Realme 8i is capable of recording videos at 1080p@30fps.
While taking daylight shots from both phones, the color reproduction of Redmi 10 Prime was not accurate whereas for Realme 8i everything was true to the source. While zooming you can see that the Realme 8i has better color accuracy and has more and for macro shots, Realme 8i has better sharpness and Redmi 10 prime has colors that are more accurate. And for close-up shots, both of them have color saturation issues. In low light shots, you get better exposures on Redmi 10 Prime in comparison to Realme 8i but it has better focusing. Now, moving on to the front camera, both the phones have similar results.
On the front, Redmi 10 Prime relies on an 8 MP selfie camera, and Realme 8i houses a higher 16 MP sensor with an f/2.05 aperture.
|Camera Specs||Redmi 10 Prime||Realme 8i|
|Setup||Quad Rear Camera||Triple Rear Camera|
|Sensors||50 MP, f/1.8 Main Sensor + 8 MP, f/2.2 Ultra Wide Angle Sensor, FOV 120° + 2 MP, f/2.4 macro Sensor + 2 MP, f/2.4 depth field sensor||50 MP, f/1.8 Main Sensor + 2 MP, f/2.4 macro Sensor + 2 MP, f/2.4 depth field sensor|
|Video Recording||1080p at 30fps||1080p at 30fps|
|Front Camera||8 MP, f/2.0||16 MP, f/2.05|
Users are mainly focused on the performance of the device. So, let’s dive into the chipset details of the two smartphones. Under the hood, Redmi 10 Prime comes powered by the Mediatek Helio G88 chipset while Realme 8i rocks a more powerful MediaTek Helio G96 processor. But there’s no need to be alarmed as the performance of both smartphones is almost identical. They are ready for multitasking, and you also can enjoy gaming on the phone.
In terms of memory configurations both the smartphone comes attached with 4GB/6GB of RAM. Both of the phones feature LPDDR4X RAM. The storage option is also the same for both smartphones phones i.e. 64GB or 128GB storage. Redmi 10 Prime has eMMC storage onboard while Realme 8i comes with a faster UFS 2.1 storage. Another difference between smartphones is that you get to add up to 7GB of RAM using Dynamic RAM expansion (DRE) technology for Realme 8i whereas you can only extend your RAM up to 2GB in Redmi 10 Prime.
On the software front, the Redmi 10 Prime is featured with Android 11, MIUI 12.5 operating system, and Realme 8i comes with Android 11, Realme UI 2.0 operating system.
|Performance||Redmi 10 Prime||Realme 8i|
|Chipset||Mediatek Helio G88 Processor (12 nm)||Mediatek Helio G96 Processor (12 nm)|
|RAM||4GB and 6GB||4GB and 6GB|
|Storage||64GB, and 128GB (eMMC storage)||64GB, and 128GB (UFS 2.1)|
|OS||MIUI 12.5 on top of Android 11||Realme UI 2.0 based Android 11 OS|
Battery And Connectivity
Moving on to the battery, the Redmi 10 Prime boasts a bigger 6,000mAh battery while the Realme 8i settles for the 5,000mAh battery. Both the smartphones feature an 18W Flash charging support. Further Redmi 10 Prime comes with a 9W reverse charging but Realme 8i lacks it. So, in terms of battery endurance, we have to accept that the Redmi 10 Prime edges the Realme 8i.
When it comes to connectivity, both phones come with 4G network connectivity. On sensors and additional connectivity part, Redmi 10 Prime features a side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Electronic compass, IR blaster, A2DP, LE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, USB Type-C 2.0, FM radio, stereo speakers, a 3.5mm headphone jack, etc.
Whereas Realme 8i comes with a Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, FM radio, USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go, loudspeaker, a 3.5mm headphone jack, etc. Realme 8i features NFC while Redmi 10 Prime does not. They are almost identical in terms of connectivity features.
|Battery and Connectivity||Redmi 10 Prime||Realme 8i|
|Charging||18W Fast Charging Technology, 9W Reverse charging||18W Fast Charging Technology|
|Others||Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Electronic compass, IR blaster, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, USB Type-C 2.0, FM radio, stereo speakers, as well as a 3.5mm headphone jack.||Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor, Magnetic induction sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light sensor, Acceleration sensor, Gyro-meter sensor, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, FM radio, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go, loudspeaker, a 3.5mm headphone jack, etc.|
Redmi 10 Prime And Realme 8i Price In Nepal
Now compare the prices of both smartphones. Both of the smartphones fall under 30k Pricing. Redmi 10 Prime starts with the price of only Rs. 20,999 for 4GB/64GB variant, and Rs. 23,999 for 6GB/128GB variant in Nepal. Similarly, Realme 8i costs Rs. 23,799 for 4GB/64GB variant, and Rs. 27,199 for 6GB/128GB variant in Nepal.
Both of the devices arrive at affordable pricing. But we can clearly see that the Redmi 10 Prime is more affordable than the Realme 8i.
Also, if you want to get other smartphones from Xiaomi or Realme brands then you can check our list of “Xiaomi Mobile Price in Nepal” and “ Realme Mobile Price in Nepal“. You can buy these smartphones from the official and authorized stores and Daraz in Nepal.
|Price in Nepal (Official)||Redmi 10 Prime||Realme 8i|
|4GB/64GB||Rs. 20,999||Rs. 23,799|
|6GB/128GB||Rs. 23,999||Rs. 27,199|
Redmi 10 Prime Vs Realme 8i: Takeaway
Now, it’s time for the results. Drumrolls and the winner of this battle are both smartphones. You might be wondering how both of the phones can be a winner. Don’t worry, I will explain to you. After Comparing both smartphones, we can see that both of these smartphones have their own charms. If Redmi 10 Prime stands out with the design then Realme 8i edges out on the display. So, we can say both of the smartphones are the winners in the respective segments. The Redmi 10 Prime Vs Realme 8i. In terms of design, performance, battery, and pricing of the phone, Redmi 10 Prime takes the award. But if we take into consideration of the Display, Camera features, performance, Realme 8i takes the crown.
Both smartphones have their own pros and cons. So, we can’t exactly say that this phone is best as everyone has their own preference for the phone. If you are satisfied with the specs of a certain phone, that is the best phone for that person.
After having an overall glance at the specs and features of both smartphones. If you are ready to compromise on the design, battery backup, and have money in your pocket then Realme 8i would be an ideal choice, but if you consider battery prowess, and the price then Redmi 10 Prime is the safe bet in this aspect. Cause you get almost similar specs and features.
So, what are your thoughts about this comparison? Are you in agreement with us or not? Don’t forget to notify us about your thoughts and opinions in the comment section down below. And, do pick your winner among these two smartphones. Adios, tech geeks.
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs
- Case Filed Against NTC MD, Government Secretary in National Payment Gateway Corruption
- realme C51 With 33W SUPERVOOC Charge Launching Soon in Nepal
- Classic Tech Dashain Tihar Offer 2080: Internet and Smart TVs at an Unmatched Price, Free 5G Router
- iPhone 15 overheating is due to third-party app updates and a bug in iOS 17, not the titanium design- Apple
- Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max ranks second in DxOMark camera test
- Smartphone market low ahead of Dashain, no effect of holiday season!