Xiaomi has finally launched the globally accepted and loved Redmi Note 9S in Nepal. The brand launched the smartphone giving the continuation to the event #DashainWithMi. The smartphone is fueled by a snapdragon 720G processor, features FHD+ DotDisplay, 48 MP AI quad-cam setup, and more. The brand had also recently launched an entry-level Redmi 9C smartphone in Nepal. So, now let’s know more about the specs, availability, and price of Redmi Note 9S in Nepal below.
Redmi Note 9S Overview
Redmi Note 9S is the global version of the Redmi Note 9 Pro that arrives with some minor changes and tweaks on it. The smartphone has many attractive specs and features.
Starting off with the design of the smartphone, Redmi Note 9S has an identical design same as that of Redmi Note 9 Pro. It has a symmetrical design with a plastic frame and matte finish. The smartphone features a 3D curved glass back for good grip and maximum comfort. The device has a punch-hole design that houses the selfie camera at the front. The smartphone also has a P2i nano-coating for splash-resistance.
Redmi Note 9S flaunts a 6.67 inches Full HD+ IPS LCD DotDisplay with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels. It sports an aspect ratio of 20:9, 91% screen-to-body ratio and the display is certified by the TÜV Rheinland low blue light. The smartphone has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection on both rear and front panels. For security, it is equipped with the side-mounted fingerprint sensor and AI Face Unlock.
Now coming to the optical department of the smartphone, Redmi Note 9S sports a AI quad rear camera setup. It includes a 48 MP ultra-high resolution primary camera with f/1.79 aperture, an 8 MP ultra wide-angle camera along with f/2.2 aperture & Field Of View 119°, a 5 MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture, and a 2 MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture. The smartphone has a 16 MP In-Display Selfie camera with f/2.48 aperture at the front. It captures beautiful and gorgeous selfies.
Redmi Note 9S arrives with some attractive & impressive camera features on it like HDR, Portrait mode background blurring, Panorama mode, Night mode, Document mode, Face recognition, AI Beautify, AI portrait mode, AI scene detection, etc. Now, as for the videography of the device. The rear cameras are capable of recording videos up to 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, and 720p@960fps. On the front, it records videos up to 1080p@30/120fps.
Under the hood, Redmi Note 9S is fueled by the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G Processor that also powers Redmi Note 9 Pro Max & Redmi Note 9 Pro. It is an octa-core processor based on an 8nm process that clocks a speed of up to 2.3GHz. The chipset has 36 percent stronger CPU performance and 18 percent stronger GPU performance compared to Snapdragon 712. It is attached with 6GB of RAM along with the 128GB UFS 2.1 storage. If needed you can expand your memory up to 512GB via a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
At the software front, the Redmi Note 9S runs on MIUI 12 based Android 10 OS. You will be able to enjoy an extraordinary gaming experience with the phone.
Battery and Others
Talking about the battery backup of Redmi Note 9S, it boasts a massive battery of 5020mAh (typ) ultra-high capacity battery. It also comes with the support of 18W fast charging and is equipped with a 22.5W fast charger in the box. As per Xiaomi’s claims, the battery sustains a 33 hours of calling, 147 hours of Music playback, 13 hours of gaming, and 16 hours of continuous navigation. So, you won’t have to worry about your smartphone running out of battery.
Talking about the connectivity options of the Redmi Note 9S, it goes on to feature 4G VoLTE, Dual SIM slot, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ A-GPS / GLONASS / Beidou, IR blaster, microUSB, USB Type-C, FM radio and a 3.5mm audio jack.
Checkout: Best Smartphones Under 30000 In Nepal.
4G band support
Redmi Note 9S being a global variant supports both the 4G frequency bands available in Nepal. That means, this phone works in Band 3 (that is available with all the 4G carriers of Nepal) and Band 20 (that is additionally available with Nepal Telecom). Both 4G band support makes the smartphone suitable to use in rural areas where there is only a band 20 4G network. Find the details on the Nepal Telecom 4G bands and the advantages.
Redmi Note 9S Technical Specifications
- Dimension: 165.8 x 76.7 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 209 gm
- Display: a 6.67 inches Full HD+ IPS LCD DotDisplay with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, 20:9, 91% screen-to-body ratio, HDR10, 450 nits Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G Processor; 8 nm mobile platform
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.3 GHz Kryo 465 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 465 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6GB of RAM.
- Memory: Internal storage of 128GB UFS 2.1 that can be expanded up to 512GB via a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
- Software: MIUI 12 based Android 10 OS
- Rear Camera: Ai Quad Camera Setup
- 48 MP ultra-high-resolution primary camera, f/1.79 aperture, 1/2″ sensor, FOV 79°, 6 piece lens, 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixel, 0.8μm pixel size, AF
- 8 MP ultra-wide-angle camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm, FOV 119°
- 5 MP macro sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 1.12μm, AF (2cm-10cm)
- 2 MP depth sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm
- Rear Video: up to 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@960fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16 MP In-Display Selfie camera with f/2.48 aperture, 1.0μm
- Front Video: 1080p@30/120fps
- Battery: Non-Removable Lithium Ion 5,000mAh battery with 18W wired fast charging support.
- Colors: Aurora Blue, Interstellar Grey, and Glacier White
- Security: FingerPrint Sensor (Side-mounted) and AI Face Unlock.
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Z-axis linear vibration motor, In-screen ambient light sensor, Distance sensor, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, and IR blaster.
- Network: 4G VoLTE
- Connectivity: Dual SIM slot, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ A-GPS / GLONASS / Beidou, IR blaster, microUSB, USB Type-C, FM radio and a 3.5mm audio jack.
- Price In Nepal: Rs. 29,999 (6GB/128GB)
Redmi Note 9S Availability And Price In Nepal
Redmi Note 9S Price in Nepal is marked at a price of Rs. 29,999 for the 6GB/128GB variant in Nepal. The smartphone is available for purchase in all the authorized Xiaomi mobile stores across Nepal. It is available in three different color variants such as Aurora Blue, Interstellar Grey, and Glacier White. The smartphone competes with the likes of the Redmi Note 9 Pro, Samsung Galaxy M31, etc.
|Smartphone Model||Price In Nepal|
|Redmi Note 9S (6GB/128GB)||Rs. 29,999|
Redmi Note 9S is an excellent mid-range smartphone that boasts superb specs and features. The smartphone has a Full HD+ Dot Display which provides an immersive viewing experience. It is backed up by a massive battery, has a versatile camera array, and is fueled with a powerful Snapdragon 720G processor.
So, Redmi Note 9S is a spectacular smartphone at this price range. Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi Note Pro are also great options to consider buying at this price segment.
So, what are your thoughts about this new mid-range smartphone from Xiaomi? Was it really necessary to launch the Redmi Note 9 Pro clone? Let us know in the comment section below.
Do checkout the Official Xiaomi Smartphone Price in Nepal.
- Classic Tech Dashain Tihar Offer 2080: Internet and Smart TVs at an Unmatched Price, Free 5G Router
- iPhone 15 overheating is due to third-party app updates and a bug in iOS 17, not the titanium design- Apple
- Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max ranks second in DxOMark camera test
- Smartphone market low ahead of Dashain, no effect of holiday season!
- CG Net brings Dashain Offer 2080, 3x internet speed, cashback, discount on CG Smart TV
- The Art of Gunplay: Master Aiming and Shooting in Fortnite
- Top 12 Startup, Rising Star Innovation and Product announced in the ICT Award 2023