April 5, 2016: Nepal Telecom- the leading telecom operator in Nepal, has upgraded its 2G (GSM) network in major cities of Western Development Region (WDR). According to them, new network has better voice quality and fast GPRS/EDGE data, as posted before, for the up-gradation of 2G network in WDR . They had already upgraded the 3G network there more than a year ago.
It is known that the network upgrade went for around a month and will take some more days for the RF optimization work to result much better network. This upgrade is part of their ambitious 10 Million GSM Project including 3G ( HSPA to LTE) from Chinese vendor Huawei, which is currently in the second phase. The addition of new 3G base stations (tower) is also known to follow for seamless 3G coverage and boosted speed.
Now that upgrade is complete in Pokhara, Butwal and Bhairahawa, they told the network upgrade or swap will be done towards Nawalparasi and Baglung of WDR and same to follow in other parts of the country.
If you have experienced the new 2G (GSM) network of Nepal Telecom there, please feel free to comment below, along with the speed of Edge there.
- Mobile service launched in Gosaikunda with Nepal Telecom’s VSAT technology
- WorldLink and Dish Home to screen Asia Cup 2023 cricket live for free
- Vivo Y02t Launched With Helio P35 SoC in Nepal | Price, Specs
- How to watch the Asia Cup 2023 live in Nepal? Also find fixtures with Nepali time, squad, venue, and more
- Ncell CEO Jabbor Kayumov calls on the youth to be passionate and dream big
- WorldLink wins “Organizational Sales Excellence Award 2023”
- Apple starts iPhone 15 production in India