April 21, 2016: Nepal Telecom has presented its roadmap to improve the service quality and introducing innovative approaches so as to make organization much more competitive and customer centric.
As per the roadmap that was unveiled today, the expansion of ‘4G’ service within the metropolis and sub-metropolis areas and of ‘3G’ in other locations will be rolled out in the first phase of the coming fiscal year.
The roadmap was unveiled in the presence of Minister for Information and Communications Sherdhan Rai. On the occasion, Minister Rai said efforts were on to make the NT services widely accessible and to prove it as a reliable and quality source of telecom service provider. He urged the company to come up with a new scheme for the benefit of its customers. He even put forward the idea to take small amount from the customers during buying SIM and making calls, and give equivalent shares to the customers for investment in hydel projects.
He urged employees of the ministry’s subordinate bodies to remain accountable to duties and offices.
Secretary at the Ministry of Information and Communications Dinesh Kumar Thapaliya, who is also the company chair, said he was going to set a deadline for the organisational reforms of the company, assuring incredible results in the next two years.
“All company staff should be clearly informed about their duties, they should work for eight hours a day and no stone will be left unturned to make the organisation more competent,” he stressed.
He directed the company authorities to seek investors for connecting public places, including parks and stadiums, with free wi-fi and to expand internet service to remote hilly areas.
NT’s Managing Director Buddhi Prasad Acharya pledged to take all possible measures for the organisational reforms to suit the demand of time.
Summary of the roadmap:
- Free SIM cards to the family of people employed abroad.
- Loan for prepaid subscribers.
- Start of Preferred roaming
- Improvement of Data roaming
- Quality improvement of 2G services
- Expansion of 3G services
- 4G in Metro and sub metro areas.
- Expansion of Optical fiber in Mid hill highway.
- Cross border Optical fiber to China.
- IT Infrastructure for smart cities.
- Modifications in procurement procedure.
- Provide share to customers for hydel projects.
- Company restructuring and employees job description to complete.