Ncell, the private telecom operator of Nepal has signed a MOU with Department of hydrology and meteorology (DHM) to send an early warning or SMS alert to people residing in the place where the risk of flood and landslide is high. With the alert, it can help people to move towards safe place and prevent loss of property there.
Simon Perkins, Managing director of Ncell and Dr. Rishi Ram Sharma, Director of DHM signed the memorandum for the collaboration. Ncell will provide forecasting and early warning information on hydro- meteorology related disaster such as floods and landslides through mass SMS to the people living in the downstream of west rapti, Narayani, Kankai, Koshi, Bagmati, Babai and Kamala River.
DHM has the system to keep track of the hydro and meteorology situations in the regions which will be provided to Ncell in-case of triggering measurement (based on water levels in river). Ncell will immediately forward it to the customers living in the disaster prone areas from short code 1155. With the message of water level rise in river (indicating the probability of disaster like floods and landslides), people can move to government designated safe locations with their belongings. There is also a provision to send SMS once the water level returns to normal, indicating no immediate risk.
As a part of corporate social responsibility, Ncell has joined hands with DHM. They believe that the early warning system will pre-inform people of the coming disaster and make them safe, reducing the risk of life and property. Now only 42 areas have been included for the system for sending DHM approved SMS to Ncell customers residing there, which is known to be increased in coming days.
Ncell has been providing such location specific services to customers residing in some areas. It was during the earthquake period when Ncell provided daily balance to customers residing in the districts affected with earthquake.
- Sangita Pahadi Appointed as Acting MD of Nepal Telecom
- Ntc Starts Mobile Service in Tinkar, Northwest Border Area Near China
- Daraz Dashain Dhamaka: Win Voucher Worth Rs 1 Lakh, 70% Discount on Products, More
- realme C53 With 108MP Ultra Clear Camera Launching Soon in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo V29 5G Available For Pre-booking in Nepal | Price and Specs
- WorldLink launches AI Chatbot to address customer services
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs