MCA (Missed Call Alert) is one of the service that makes people informed of the calls that are missed. It allows people to get notifications enabling not to miss a single call. Telecom operators provide MCA as a value added service. Ntc, Ncell, Smart cell, UTL provided the services for free or charging some fee for a weekly or monthly basis subscription. This post we are trying to inform people of MCA, it’s current usage in telecom operators (Ntc, Ncell, UTL, Smart)
People can miss a call when they are switched off or out of coverage or on a busy calls. Missed Call alert informs subscribers of missed calls to their phone when they are unable to pick up. Once they are connected to the network, Telcos send a message (SMS) with the no of missed calls to their phones. The SMS contains the date, time of the calling, the caller’s number and no of times of call. People need to subscribe this value added service (VAS) called MCA to get the message either on weekly or monthly basis.
MCA Missed Call alert Ntc
The MCA service was available in Ntc for a long time but later stopped as it was not compatible with the new mobile network. There was also a complain from people for their automatic subscription of this service. They used to charge MCA for subscription. This service was called Buzz MCA and brought in collaboration with Teletalk pvt. ltd.
It is not known when Ntc will start the MCA service again.
Now Ntc has resumed the Missed call alert MCA service. Read here for more info.
MCA in Ncell
Ncell calls MCA as missed call notification. They now provide this Missed call service for free of charge. Ncell customers can activate MCA by
- Typing A and send SMS to 9191 to activate. Type R and message to 9191 for deactivation.
- OR Dial *100#
- Dial 900 and follow instruction for activation by IVR.
MCA in Smart cell
Smart Cell also provides this MCA service. They have two kinds of subscription for missed call alert, namely weekly and monthly subscription.
To subscribe and deactivate the weekly and monthly subscription, Smart cell users need to
- send a message subw to 4270 for subscription and unsub to 4270 for unsubscribe Weekly MCA
- send a message sub to 4270 for monthly subscription and unsub to 4270 for unsubscribe
MCA in UTL
Missed alert service activates in UTL for free. UTL subscribers do not need to activate this MCA service. UTL will notify subscribers of the missed calls after they connect to their network.
Tell us what do you think of MCA service. What will be the amount that you are willing to pay for this missed call notification service?
- Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max ranks second in DxOMark camera test
- Smartphone market low ahead of Dashain, no effect of holiday season!
- CG Net brings Dashain Offer 2080, 3x internet speed, cashback, discount on CG Smart TV
- The Art of Gunplay: Master Aiming and Shooting in Fortnite
- Top 12 Startup, Rising Star Innovation and Product announced in the ICT Award 2023
- Oppo A58 With Helio G85 4G SoC Launched in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo Y17s Launched Officially in Nepal | Find Price & Specs