Oppo Find X launches with pop-up camera for real full screen
Oppo had been teasing people for their latest flagship Find X phone with a 93.8 screen to body ratio. They managed to keep it secret how they could realize the real full screen and without any notch. Then there was this question where they kept the front-facing camera and sensors. Oppo launches Find X at an event in Paris on June 19, 2018. Oppo realizes earlier mentioned full screen with a pop-up camera that is for both front and rear ones. All that comes with flagship specs and elegant looks. Find out more specs for Oppo Find X. And the price does not come affordable.
Oppo has come up with the similar technique as Vivo with the motorized camera pop-up. Find X is the first phone with such full screen with almost no bezels on both sides and thin chin in the bottom. Vivo, which is also from the same parent company as Oppo, had launched Vivo Nex last week, with such pop out for front facing camera only. But Find X puts front, rear cameras and the sensors in the pop-out part of the phone. The camera pop-ups once you activated the camera app or try to unlock. And when you close the camera app or phone unlocks, the camera hides back. So, they have disguised the camera within the phone using sliding structure.
They call the screen as panoramic arc screen, with the edge to edge display. The phone looks very elegant and design is beautiful alluring for people to buy it. But the real success depends on how well the slider works in the phone.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 845 processor, 8 GB of RAM, and 128/256 GB memory space. The 6.4 inch OLED screen with 1080 pixel also have the curved edges in the side like that of Samsung. The battery size of the phone is 3730 mAh with VOOC fast charging capability.
Oppo Find X Detailed specs
- Snapdragon 845 processor
- 6.42 inch Full HD AMOLED 19.5:9 curved screen
- 8 GB of RAM
- 128 GB/ 256 GB storage
- Dual nano-SIM
- Android 8.1 Oreo with Color OS 5.1 on top
- Rear camera: 16 MP + 20 MP with AI-based scene recognition
- Front camera: 25 MP with AI
- Dimensions: 156.7 × 74.3 × 9.4mm; Weight: 186g
- Global LTE bands support
- 3730 mAH battery with VOOC fast charging
The phone replaces fingerprint sensor with a 3D front facing scanner which is also in the slide-out part. There is no headphone jack on the phone as well.
Availability and price
Oppo Find X will be available in two gradient colors now, Glacier blue and Bordeaux Red. The phone is available to buy in China from June 20th, 2018. They have planned to launch it in more countries including North America, Europe soon. The price of the phone is known to be USD 999 for the 256 GB variant. So, we can expect the price of base version to be around USD 850. They will vary the price of the phone in different regions. The phone can also launch in Nepal but we are not sure of the date as of now.
- CIB operation for illegal VoIP call bypass, arrest two Indian Nationals
- Spectrum Auction to move ahead. Who can apply!!!
- NTA selects consultants for cable/wire management
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Announced; Overview, Specifications and Price
- How to make the best use of mobile phone during travel
- SC scraps its own stay order in CG Telecom case
- Smart cell brings easy loan service; Find how to subscribe/enable