Nepal ranks 116th in Mobile broadband and 89th in Fixed broadband
Nepal’s position in the Global broadband speed has gone down in the year 2018. According to speedtest.net Global index, Nepal ranks 116th in Mobile broadband and 89th in Fixed broadband for the internet speed. The internet speed Global rank is according to the latest report by Ookla.
Speedtest.net, the global leader for internet performance testing and metrics, has released its latest report including the average speed and rank of all countries including Nepal. Last year, Nepal’s position for mobile broadband was 99 in Mobile broadband and 92 in Fixed broadband. See here for Last year report.
The country’s rank downgrades to 116 in Mobile broadband and 89 in Fixed broadband. It seems Nepal had not done much to uplift the internet speed in the country.
In 2018, World’s average speed in mobile has increased to 24.4 Mbps Download and 9.7 Mbps Upload. Whereas the average speed of Nepal is 8.88 Mbps Download and 4.34 Mbps Upload.
- Iceland has the highest mobile internet speed in the world with a 72.54 Mbps download and 19.82 Mbps.
- Singapore ranks the first position with highest fixed broadband internet speed with 185.25 Mbps Download and 192.08 Mbps Upload.
Last year, Nepal’s rank was higher than that of India in Mobile broadband speed but this year, due to the reduction of average speed, Nepal ranks below than that of India (111 in Mobile broadband).
According to the report, Costa Rica has made a huge improvement of 194.6% in the year 2018 to make the internet speed to 13.4 Mbps.
As the high-speed internet network expands globally, countries with Gigabit internet have also increased. In 2017, there were only 60 countries to met the Gigabit internet threshold whereas additional 16 countries have added to the list in 2018. More cities of those countries also have the availability of Gigabit internet speed. The report also shows the mind-boggling increase in Gigabit results from just 119 in 2017 to 20,239 in 2018. Source
- Spectrum Auction to move ahead. Who can apply!!!
- NTA selects consultants for cable/wire management
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Announced; Overview, Specifications and Price
- How to make the best use of mobile phone during travel
- SC scraps its own stay order in CG Telecom case
- Smart cell brings easy loan service; Find how to subscribe/enable
- Why Police arrest Pathao and Tootle Riders | Background, legality and Way out