Xiaomi Redmi Go Phone is one of the affordable phones from the company. Xiaomi’s first Android Go smartphone, Redmi Go was launched on Feb 2019, in Nepal. The entry-level smartphone packs useful software and efficient hardware. Find more specs and prices of Redmi Go in Nepal below.
Google launched the Android Go program in 2017, with affordable smartphones running on a highly efficient version of Android. Out of the box, Redmi Go runs the Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition) operating system. Redmi Go features a reimagined slimmer version of their Google apps for less storage and even cellular data usage. “
Xiaomi has received such a warm welcome in Nepal since its entry last year, and we are really grateful to all Mi fans for their support.” said Sourabh Kothari, Country General Manager – Nepal, Xiaomi.
“With Redmi Go making its debut here, we hope that even more users here will be able to enjoy an amazing smartphone experience at an amazing price. This is part of our commitment to making innovation available to everyone.”
Redmi Go features a 5.0-inch HD display, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 SoC, 4G network connectivity and a 3000mAh battery. On the back, it sports an 8MP main camera supported by an LED flashlight.
On the front, Redmi Go has a 5MP camera for selfies. It comes with two SIM card slots and has a dedicated microSD slot that supports up to 128GB microSD cards. Redmi Go will come in Black and Blue Colors. The phone is available in 8GB storage capacity at NPR 8,999.
The phone supports 4G LTE networks that are present in Nepal with three operators; Ntc, Ncell, and Smart. 4G only works with one SIM works at a time. Redmi Go also has 800 MHz spectrum support. Nepal Telecom has used the 800 MHz spectrum for its new 4G LTE network nationwide. Read more on things to check while buying a 4G phone in Nepal.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 Processor
- Screen Size: 5 inch LCD display
- Screen Resolution: 1280*720 Pixels
- Rear Camera: 8MP
- Video Recording: 1080P
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Camera Detail: Auto Flash, Face Detection, Geo Tagging, Continuous Shooting
- Real-time filters and smart scenes mode
- Internal Storage: 8GB/16GB
- External Card expandable up to 128GB
- RAM: 1 GB
- Android Version: 8.1 Oreo Go edition
- Support 4G network
- Weight: 137 gm
- Battery: 3000 mAH
- Dual SIM + Dedicated microSD card tray
- Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM + expandable microSD card
- Colors: Black and Blue
Price and Availability
There are two variants of the Redmi Go phone. The price of Xiaomi Redmi Go phone in Nepal for 8GB version is now Rs 7,999 whereas for 16GB storage the price is Rs 8,499. Xiaomi Redmi Go phone is available in all the leading offline stores of Nepal. Similarly, it is made available on Daraz online.
Conclusion: Considering its price and the Android GO OS, the Redmi Go phone is the best entry-level smartphone that is available here in Nepal. This phone suits the need of every first smartphone buyer in Nepal. Being lightweight and having light OS, Google apps, smoother performance, this phone will definitely be popular in that segment. You can find the best phones under Rs 15000 in Nepal.
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years
- Ntc brings Democracy Day offer: For Martyrs family and Regular Users
- Nepal Telecom applies for a new GSM mobile service license