With the Autopay feature, millions of Jio users won’t have to remember their date of recharge when the validity expires.
India’s leading telecom operator Jio has rolled out the Autopay feature becoming the first company to do so. For this, it joined a partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NCPI). Jio’s integration of Autopay stays in line with the recently devised e-mandate in the country.
Dubbed UPI autopay, it will allow Jio users to set standing instructions on the MyJio app for a convenient recharging experience. Besides, they can also enjoy their preferred tariff plans with this innovative facility.
NPCI and Reserve Bank of India (RBI) launched an ‘e-mandate’ that offers businesses a consumer-friendly payment option. It means when a user participates in it, it means he/she has allowed a certain service provider to collect recurring payments from their account. Reliance Jio has become the first telecom operator to roll out this feature to their customers.
Related: JioPhone Next Price in India
UPI autopay offers an Always-On service experience to Jio users
Regarding Jio’s incorporation of Autopay, Kunal Kalawatia, Chief of Products – NPCI, said, “We are glad to associate with Jio and witness UPI autopay venturing into the ever-evolving telecom sector. We believe our collaboration will change the way Jio customers experience a renewal of their mobile tariff plans. “
He further added, “With UPI autopay, it’s our constant endeavor at NPCI to provide an extra layer of comfort and convenience to all the customers for their recurring spends and payments. We believe that this integration will drive a favorable customer sentiment about seamless and automated recurring payments.”
Similarly, the Director of Jio Kiran Thomas shared his own enthusiasm upon the launch of the Autopay feature into their services. He said, “The combination of Jio’s superior prepaid and postpaid plans and UPI autopay will now be available to every Jio user. Jio users will no longer need to remember their recharge renewal date or bill payment date and perform manual payments. This will enable an ALWAYS-ON service experience for every Jio prepaid user.”
What Are The Benefits?
The Autopay feature activates the NCPI’s e-mandate and brings along its benefits to the Jio users. Below are the major benefits Jio users will get with the UPI autopay.
- Users won’t have to remember when their recharge or expiration date is.
- The UPI autopay auto-renews their existing plan when it expires.
- Jio users can modify remove or structure their own e-mandates as per their liking.
- Likewise, the need to enter a UPI pin to recharge a balance of up to Rs.5,000 has been quashed.
Reliance Jio is India’s largest telecom operator with over 360 million subscribers. The Autopay feature will bring them the convenience of not having to remember mobile plans expiration among other benefits above.
Do you want such a feature to roll out in Nepal? Do offer your feedback in the comments below.
- Internet price war is a risk to ISPs’ investment- NTA Chair Bhandari
- MediaTek Helio G91 launched for budget smartphones
- Ncell, e& international to deliver superior digital services
- Vianet wins ‘Broadband Telecom Company of the Year’ in the Asian Telecom Awards 2024
- eSewa launches cross-border payment enabling Indian citizens to pay in Nepal: Find steps
- Khalti QR lets Indian tourists make payments in Nepal, How?
- Xiaomi 14 Launching Soon in Nepal | Find Price and Specs