CG Net has expanded around Kathmandu with eyes on reaching beyond the capital soon. But the speed war it inspired has come around on its neck, and now the ISP has offered a mightily affordable 50 Mbps plan for just Rs.649 a month. This could keep the fresh ISP in the game as it requires a strong customer base to keep the momentum against the major ISPs.
CG Net is the first ISP in Nepal to break the 100 Mbps mark offering its first internet plan at a low cost. The company debuted in the ISP market in Nepal with the remarkable 120 Mbps plan for just Rs. 999 which triggered a ferocious internet speed war.
In response, major ISPs have launched their premium packagers with next-gen WiFi technologies. As a result of this number competition, we have seen the speed of fiber broadband skyrocket from 3 digits to a possible 1 Gbps globe trotter at the expense of Classic Tech. But as the existing ISPs ride on their robust marketing, CG Net is still relying on word-of-mouth publicity for its low-cost packages. However, to stay competitive, CG Net has offered a “Super Sasto” package of a 50 Mbps plan for just Rs.649 per month.
50 Mbps Plan a Life-Saver
The Super Sasto package is in line with the ISP’s high-speed, low-cost offering. The 120 Mbps plan is taking the heat from the competing ISPs’ own high-speed offerings. But the 50 Mbps plan could keep it in the game as more consumers are seeking a moderate internet plan which should offer a high-speed package at a low cost.
The package is available for 1/3/6/13 months renewals. For these plans, a subscriber will cost Rs.649/1,947/3,894/7788 respectively.
Since its mindboggling launch on June 1, CG Net fiber has aggressively widened its FTTH service across the valley. In the beginning, CG Net was available in only Jawalakhel, Jhamsikhel, and Harihar Bhawan. Then, the company expanded it to more areas.
CG Net is still expanding around Kathmandu. The company is laying infrastructures to expand beyond the capital which could happen in the coming months.
CG Net Coverage in Kathmandu
CG Net is now available in more areas of Kathmandu. Below is the list of the areas where CG Net’s high-flying 120 Mbps and 50 Mbps plans are available.
- Kalimati – Solti mod, Tahachal, Tinthana, Chhauni, Kimdol
- New Baneshwor – Tinkne, New Baneshwor, Mid Baneshwor, Bhimsengola, Bogati Tole
- Koteshwor – Baalkumari, Narefaant, Chyasal, Tinkune
- Shankhamul – UN Park, Aloknagar, Buddhanagar, Maaitighar
- Maharajgunj – Baansbari, Hams Hospital, Basundhara, Dhumbarahi, Chandol, Golfutaar, Chundevi Temple, Tilingatar
- Gongabu – Pragati Nagar, Siddi Tole, Buspark, Greenland, Samakhusi (out of the Ringorad area), Grandee Hospital (West & West vicinity)
- Chhauni – Bijeshwori, Armi Hospital, Vishnumati Kinara areas.
- Dhapasi– Pasikot, Mahankal, Bhagwati Mandir, Deurali Janta Pharmaceuticals, Hepali Height Police office, Imperial World School, Mother’s Castle School, CG Hills
- Jorpati – Arubari, Attarkhel, Makalbari, Nepal Orthopedic Hospital,
- Chabahil –Yatayat Karyalaya, Kumarigal, Hyaat Regency, Boudha Stuppa, Pahelo Pool, Jambu Dada
- Satdobato: Dhapakhel, Khumaltar, Mahalaxmisthan, Kusunti, Satdobato, Talchhikhel.
- Mulpani: Nami College, Tej Binayak, Adhikari Gau, Mulpani Nagar Hospital, Thali (Milan Chowk), Mulpani
- Syuchatar: Way to Ramkot, UMart, Bhuwaneshwori Devi Temple, Siddharth Multiple College, Syuchatar Pati Chowk
- Sitapaila: Sitapaila, Ramkot, Aadeshwore, Nagarjun Municipality Office
- Bhaisepati: Khokana, Bagdole, Sanepa, Bhaisepati, Ekantakuna.
- Ranibari: Samakhusi, Ranibari and Mheypi
- Dharmasthali: Nepaltar, Goldhunga, Manamaiju and Hiledole
- Kapan: Aakashedhaara, Baluwakhani, Milan Chowk, and Dhobikhola corridor, Faika & Saraswatinagar
- Pepsicola Area: Jadibuti, Suncity, Gothatar, Khahare, and Hara Hara Mahadev Mandir, Manohara Planning, Pepsicola, Radar West, Hatti Danda, Dotel Dairy & Mahantar Chowk
- Putalisadak: Putalisadak, Maitidevi, Dillibazar, Bagbazar, Hattisar, Gyaneshwore, Kamalpokhari, and Ghattekulo
- Kaushaltar: Manohara, Lokanthali, Kaushaltar, Gatthaghar, and Chardobato
- Gaushala: Gaushala, Sinamangal, Tilganga, Maiti Nepal, Purano Baneswor, Bhimsengola, Battisputali, Rato Pul & Seto Pul.
- Thamel: Tyouda,Ason,Dhungedhara,Paknajol,Khusibu, Chhetrapati,Kaldhara
More at Budhanilkantha, Tokha, Lazimpat, Bishalnagar, Balaju, Kupondole, Satungal.
CG Net has not allowed any complacency in its rapid expansion around the valley. gradually, it is achieving blanket coverage in the capital city. Below is the list of new areas where CG Net has recently started its services.
New Road: Ason, Bhimsenthan, Paropakar, Teku, Bhotebahal, Thapathali, etc.
Imadol: Tikathali, Krishna Madir, Bojhe Pokhari, Gwarko, KIST Medical College, Mahalaxmi Municipality, and Rata Makai Chowk.
Bhaktapur: Kamalbinayak, Chyamasingh, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Byasi, Jagati, Suryabinyak, and Liwali,
Hattiban: Hattiban, Harisiddhi, Rajkulo Tol Sudhar, and Imadol.
To learn more about CG Net’s availability, call @9880588888.
CG Net’s Offer For New Customers
New customers of CG Net can have the broadband installed within 6 to 24 hours after confirming their request for a fresh connection. The company charges Rs. 999 (excl. of VAT) for the breakout 120 Mbps fiber internet.
Those making annual payments will receive a concession on the router and installation charges. Upon new connections, the customers will have the option of monthly, 3 months, and six months renewal plans. The company also spares installation and fiber cable charges on longer renewal plans.
CG Net is focused on widening its coverage to major cities this year. CG’s Managing Director Nirvana Chaudhary says the company will add more services to its fiber internet package. He also hinted at the company’s IPTV service. He claims that its IPTV offering will come with newer and better technology not seen among others’ TV solutions.
Check out: IPTV Vs Digital TV
CG Net Will Sustain With Its Strategy
Chaudhary has also spoken about the sustainability of the low-cost broadband offering. He says CG Net has avoided investment in legacy networks and only exercises the latest technologies. This has helped the company afford a very cost-efficient internet package right from the beginning.
Besides, it has also managed to reduce overhead costs and save money on marketing due to word-of-mouth publicity. This has enabled the company to utilize the amounts on importing better technologies and services. He even claims that CG Net could further lower its internet prices in the future when its FTTH service achieves a convincing ratio with the customer base.
CG Net is rapidly expanding in Kathmandu and will soon venture beyond the valley. As it taps into new areas, we will keep you updated about the coverage. Keep visiting this page to know about its availability.
For more on CG Net’s packages and availability, let us help you in the comments below.
- Xiaomi Brings “Sure-Shot September Mela” | Win Gifts on Purchase of Redmi Smartphones
- Buy second-hand phones on “Daraz Like New” | Features, phones, and best deals
- Ncell posts Rs 9.70 arab revenue in second quarter, 2023
- iPhone 14 Pro Max is the most popular smartphone in first half of 2023!
- Mobile service launched in Gosaikunda with Nepal Telecom’s VSAT technology
- WorldLink and Dish Home to screen Asia Cup 2023 cricket live for free
- Vivo Y02t Launched With Helio P35 SoC in Nepal | Price, Specs