OpenAI’s online chat service ChatGPT mobile app is now available on both Android and iOS. Now, users of both Google-powered handsets and Apple can use the viral online chatbot service on their smartphones and tablets.
Initially, the ChatGPT app was made available to iOS iPhone users only in a few select countries. But after a couple of months, OpenAI has also launched the app for Apple’s arch-rival Android.
As per the company, the ChatGPT app was made available on Android in only four countries initially- the US, Brazil, India, and Bangladesh. Other regions will soon be added which seems to be the same strategy the company took with its iOS rollout. On July 27, it was announced that the US-made chatbot service has now been expanded to Mexico, Argentina, Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Nigeria, Japan, Indonesia, the Philippines, and South Korea.
ChatGPT for iOS is available for free at the moment and comes with a host of useful capabilities. The app syncs chat history across compatible devices. It integrates Whisper, an open-source speech-recognition system that unlocks voice input.
Besides, users can also buy ChatGPT Plus for iOS which comes with an even more advanced AI language GPT-4. Also, subscribers get faster response times, and early access to the latest features, all on the iOS platform.
Main iOS features for iOS iPhone users
ChatGPT app for iOS comes with a host of features that make it as versatile as it can be:
- You can get instant answers without having to bear with ads and multiple results.
- You also get tailored advice for activities such as cooking, travel plans, crafting, etc.
- Get creative inspiration for outline presentations, writing a poem, gift ideas, etc.
- Receive professional insights, boost your productivity, summarize notes, and technical assistance.
- Learn new languages, modern history, and so forth at your convenience.
On Android as well
Originally, the ChatGPT iOS app was available for the US market only. Then, the iOS version app was launched in Europe, South Korea, and New Zealand. Now, the service is available in countries such as Albania, Nigeria, France, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, Nicaragua, South Korea, etc.
However, in the coming weeks, OpenAI plans to expand the mobile service to additional countries. The ChatGPT app is now available on both iOS and Android phones in Nepal.
Earlier, the company said that it was “eager to see how users use the app”. More features and safety improvements would be arriving after it gathers user feedback.
“With the ChatGPT app for iOS, we’re taking another step towards our mission by transforming state-of-the-art research into useful tools that empower people, while continuously making them more accessible. “OpenAI on the rollout of ChatGPT mobile app for iOS
The company states that more Android users dispersed in different countries will get the viral chatbot service on their handsets.
Download: ChatGPT app for iOS
Given that ChatGPT is extremely popular in Nepal even becoming the second country to contribute to its growth with Google search. So, the app’s rollout for both Android and iOS will likely please iPhone, iPad, and Android users although a bit wait is a must. But for Android users, they will have to wait a bit as the company looks eager on learning more from the initial launch of Apple’s smartphone platform.
- Nepal Telecom launches FTTH Fiber internet in Rajpur, Dang
- Honor X8b Launched in Nepal | Price and Specifications
- rSIM Tech That Keeps a Backup of a SIM in Your SIM Card
- Samsung One UI 6.1 Brings Galaxy AI to More Galaxy Devices
- US telco AT&T restores network after huge nationwide outage
- Nepal Telecom to provide free WiFi at airports across Nepal
- Xiaomi 14 Ultra Launched: Expected Price in Nepal and Specs