The in-app digital wallet service Hamro Pay available within Nepal’s most popular app Hamro Patro has received a new update. Coded 2.2.0, the update gets a bank-link feature among other noticeable features. Having already scored hundreds of thousands of users in its beta form, the app is now evolving as a full-fledged platform thanks to a haul of new features.
Hamro Pay was launched at an event back on February 17 to elevate the Hamro Patro network of services and lead its stature as a super app.
Hamro Pay 2.2.0 features
The latest version of Hamro Pay version 2.2.0 now includes a bank-link feature allowing users to link their bank account for easier financial transactions. The verified users of the Hamro Pay digital wallet can link their Nepal Investment Mega Bank account to the app. Soon, more banks will be added for this feature.
Likewise, the payment app now allows users to scan & pay with QR for more banks. Now, it is possible to use the QR feature and pay through a total of 27 banks such as Rastriya Banijya Bank, NIC Asia Bank, Nepal Bank Limited, etc. Further, the company has added a SmartQR option for the payment feature. Prior to this, only NepalPay QR was included in QR Scan & Pay service on the Hamro Pay app.
Originally, Hamro Pay launched with the legacy payment features of a digital wallet while retaining Hamro Patro’s signature feel. Since Hamro Pay is an in-app payment app, users don’t have to download a separate Hamro Patro app. To use the digital wallet, you need to update the Hamro Patro app available on both Android and iOS platforms.
The in-app feature means over millions of users will have access to the digital wallet service. Hamro Patro Inc. director Sudina Gautam stated that the app has been launched with the aim of making Hamro Patro a super app.
What is Hamro Pay?
Hamro Pay is a digital wallet service integrated into the Hamro Patro calendar app. The company is licensed by Nepal Rastra Bank as a payment service provider (PSP). Like other wallets, it offers utility payments, fund transfers, top-ups, Scan & Pay powered by Nepal Pay QR, and many other services. If you use the Hamro Patro app, which is highly likely due to its enormous popularity in Nepal, you might already have it available.
You can also update your Hamro Patro app to its latest version to get the Hamro Pay feature. The in-app service comes with some cool features such as the one below:
How to use Hamro Pay?
Hamro Pay is already found on Hamro Patro native app and to start using it, you need to create an account. Follow the steps below:
- Launch the Hamro Patro app.
- On the home screen find Hamro Pay under services, and tap on it.
- You need to sign in to use the app’s features. You can sign up using your Gmail, Facebook, or Twitter account.
- Then tap on Continue.
- The next screen asks for confirmation of your login credential. If it’s correct, tap on Continue again.
- Now provide your phone number.
- Enter the OTP code or let your phone autofill it. Tap on Verify.
- Now add details such as your full name, email, Date of Birth and choose your gender and Confirm.
- Your account is now created. Tap on Continue.
- You will need to register your KYC to use all the services.
Check out: Top Digital wallets in Nepal
Hamro Pay features
Hamro Patro’s digital wallet retains many common digital payment features while also offering some less common features. Users get an easy interface and 6 language options. The app has a tracking system that lets users find out their earnings and expenses. Split & Pay allows bill sharing among users. It also allows direct interaction between users and merchants which allows for a more transparent and convincing service and transaction. Find out the key features of the wallet below.
- Utility payments (TV and internet bill payment, electricity, etc.)
- In-app purchase
- find latest transactions
- direct chat between users and merchants
- salary payment for corporate
- 6 different language options
- user-friendly user interface
- users can track their earnings and expenses, split & pay (sharing the bills), etc.
Users can also earn 2% cash back on topup.
Hamro Patro says that its digital wallet service is aimed at providing suitable features for both the young and old base of its users.
Don’t miss: How to Use Digital/Mobile Wallet in Nepal
The biggest advantage of Hamro Pay digital payment is its exponential user base of millions. It is the most downloaded and presumably most used mobile app in the country. The app provides multiple services being the reason for its wide usage. But the in-app feature could make for a more valued use for Hamro Patro’s use.
Nepal’s digital wallet is largely dominated by eSewa and Khalti. IME Pay and Namaste Pay are still evolving through their ranks. With established wallets already spanning across smartphones and interoperability among them, Hamro Patro’s entry into the fintech market is likely to offer a new dimension to the mobile payment industry.
How refreshing and unique did you find the Hamro Pay services? Don’t forget to share in the comments.
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years