Nepal Telecommunication Authority, NTA has decided to provide 4G license to the largest private telecom operator, Ncell. The Ncell 4G license was in limbo due to the directives from Parliament’s Public Account Committee. It was due to the unresolved tax issue during Ncell acquisition by Axiata. After the new directives from Parliaments Development Committee, NTA has come up to provide the technology neutrality license to Ncell, based on the new frequency policy.
NTA has put a condition to NCell for the 4G license. After getting the technology neutrality license, Ncell should upgrade from 3G to 4G service and provide 3G service in remote areas.
NTA claims that they took decision in favor of 1 crore Ncell (10 million) customers, deprived of 4G service. Also the government can earn huge sum of license fees from this decision. The DC has given directives citing the above claim and for the telecommunication development of the country.
Ncell has been asking the license from a long time. It was in October that NTA granted the same license to Nepal Telecom. After which, they had launched 4G LTE service in Kathmandu and Pokhara from Jan 2017.
We can expect Ncell to launch 4G very soon in city areas as they were testing it already. With this, the competition between Ntc and Ncell will now shift to 4G.
As with Ntc, the frequency of operation for Ncell 4G is 1800 MHz. That frequency is now being used for 2G service.
Tell us what do you expect from Ncell after this Ncell 4G license. Do you want Ncell 4G at your place? Please feedback below.
Keep Following us for latest telecom news and more.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats