How to donate for Flood victims of Nepal in Terai?
Help flood victims in Nepal by donating through banks or online
The recent flood in Terai region made a disaster, killing several people and destroying people’s homes, physical structures. Though water has gone in some part of the Terai, there are still some water filled areas specially in Siraha, Saptari. People are bound to live in open space and there is difficulty of living normal life with no food, shelter. Government deploys officials including Nepal Police, Nepal Army for immediate relief and rescue in those areas.
Apart from government entities, people are also organizing fund raisers to help the flood victims. As much need to do for recovering normal life of flood victims, utmost priority is immediate rescue / relief now. Celebrities, Medias, Professionals and several organizations including NRNA, political parties have started several methods to collect funds from people. There are many works being done in the field to collect the funds, clothes, food, medicines, sanitary items and other usable items. This post we focus for the fund collection through banks or online, in case such organized personnel may not reach you.
Methods to donate flood victims in Terai
Here are some of the methods for the people to donate some money to help the flood affected people.
- Actor Deepak Raj Giri started one of the first campaign for donation: You can donate by depositing the amount in the account: 00100100031073000001 of Prabhu bank.
- Nepal Engineers Association, the professional body of engineers have also started the fund raiser campaign. You can also go to their office at pulchowk by submitting your donation amount in cash. Or you can also deposit the amount in the account: 002001005051020000001 of Nepal Bank.
- If you are in abroad and then you want to have a genuine fund raiser online.
- Select some of the funding websites like www.gofundme.com, www.justgiving.com, www.cloudrise.com.
- Search for the Nepal flood victims in the website or directly from google.
- You can donate from the one you feel genuine, look for the genuineness of the fund raiser, with the supporting organizations and their words for how they will use the fund.
- If you are in Nepal and you want to help the flood victims by donating online. Upcoming movie Dui Rupaiya team ( Actor/ Director Nischal Basnet and Asif shah) have started this campaign in association with eSewa: the first digital payment platform of Nepal.
- For this, you need to go a new website called donation.esewa.com.np and start donating. It will be easy if you already have eSewa account.
- Otherwise you can have one account by sending a message REG to 2121. You also need to load the amount from your bank account (either mobile banking or online banking). Then you can donate the amount through that website.
- You can also donate from nearest eSewa agency or using phone pay option in mobile / online banking app and put merchant code as helpterai.
- For people abroad, you can Viber to this number: +9779868842121 to know more information for how to help.
Like previously, the telecom operators may also launch the fund raising from their mobile account or recharge card itself. But Ntc and Ncell have not launched this fund raiser campaign yet.
Among them, we prefer the ones from Engineers and the eSewa’s new donation portal, for the online transfer. Whereas in case of abroad, you need to select one from the fundraising campaigns that you can trust. One international funding campaign that we trust is from gofundme. You can even select others as specified above or googling. So, please help the flood victims in any way, as soon as possible. Terai needs you!!! #HelpTerai.